4th & Mayor or Foursquare?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Which do you use and why? Which one do you prefer (especially if you have both)?

I actually use both... not even sure why.

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
When FS was "unavailable" in the mktplace for a period of time, 4th&M really took advantage. Not many have switched back for some reason. 4th&M for me. Just following the herd, I guess. :)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I figured most might be using 4th because of 4sq's absence in the marketplace. I actually prefer 4th's UI better.

When I'm checking in and don't want it posted to twitter and/or facebook, I can easily choose not to by sliding the switch.

When I'm checking in on 4sq, after I type my comment, I have to close the keyboard to slide the twitter/facebook switch.

seriousdave

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I just recently switched over from ios. I'm using fs cause I always have and actually I never heard of 4th & Mayor until this thread.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I just recently switched over from ios. I'm using fs cause I always have and actually I never heard of 4th & Mayor until this thread.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express
Check it out. I highly recommend it over the official app.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

Mister Gore

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I use 4th & Mayor. When I first got my WP last month and started using FourSquare I used only the official app, but read an article somewhere on 4th and Mayor and haven't looked back. Love the app.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't decide so this is what I did.

I use foursquare for the leaderboard tile and pinned it to my homescreen
I use 4th for the quick check-in tile and posted that to my homescreen

Bam best of both worlds

DarthVeda

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
4th&Mayor, it's really used the metro style and I don't have the issue of getting 1 point for my check-ins in new places using this app! :)

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I like the look of FS more, but the functionality of 4th makes it my go-to app. I have 4th's "Check In Now" pinned to my home screen. I don't really use it for anything else other than that and checking specials, which is easier to get to on 4th, since it is my second app on my all apps page (smart move, Wilcox, haha).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos