Radio Controlled: killer Pandora app

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Been using it since the weekend and like it quite a bit. If you're looking for a great Pandora app on WP, look no further than Radio Controlled.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I agree... been part of the beta and it does what I need it to do and more.

I love having choices... Radio Controlled and MetroRadio.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I love this! I can listen to songs in the app and then get it to take me to the song in Zune, where I can download either the song or the album using Zune Pass. Great way to discover music just by using my phone!

jmburke1982

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I have been using MetroRadio...is Radio Controlled better? I am at work, so I won't have a chance to play around with it for a while.

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I have been using MetroRadio...is Radio Controlled better? I am at work, so I won't have a chance to play around with it for a while.

I used MetroRadio first and it just seemed very basic and rough. I haven't used the latest update (or two?), though, so it may be the same as RC by now. I really like the live tile and the look of RC, as well as the sharing/purchase features. I'd definitely at least check it out if I were you.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I've actually had issues with both of these. I posted in the Metro Radio thread about the issue there (crashes with the new version when resuming app after waking the phone). With Radio Controlled, things seemed ok, except today, out of the blue, I was playing a few songs (after Metro Radio crashed on me) and I am 100% sure it switch to music from another one of my stations, except I never changed stations. It still reported the correct station but they were all stuff that would have been from another station. I kept hitting next track and it was the same thing. So that's very odd.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I've actually had issues with both of these. I posted in the Metro Radio thread about the issue there (crashes with the new version when resuming app after waking the phone). With Radio Controlled, things seemed ok, except today, out of the blue, I was playing a few songs (after Metro Radio crashed on me) and I am 100% sure it switch to music from another one of my stations, except I never changed stations. It still reported the correct station but they were all stuff that would have been from another station. I kept hitting next track and it was the same thing. So that's very odd.
I don't even know which one was doing it, but I sent an email to the dev informing them of that issue. I listen to all types, so it's easy for me to notice these things.

For example... I had it on a hip-hop station (Fabolous... yeah he spells it that way) and then I started hearing Reggaeton (spanish reggae), even songs that I never had as favorites in those respective channels.

It's still better than nothing and since it's still from songs I like to listen to, it's really not a bother.

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Been using it since the weekend and like it quite a bit. If you're looking for a great Pandora app on WP, look no further than Radio Controlled.

Thanks for pointing this app out. I like it a lot. I like how when you are in the app it mimics a live tile with all the songs info. Wish it had an actual live tile too.

wenogg

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for pointing this app out. I like it a lot. I like how when you are in the app it mimics a live tile with all the songs info. Wish it had an actual live tile too.
Does the live tile not work for you? If you pin to start it should update with the currently playing song artwork. In the new version you can also pin stations, which will also update the background of the tile with the currently playing song.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I noticed it doesn't show up in my Music Hub, like Metro Radio did. Is that just me?

I just downloaded it and it shows up in my music hub its asking me to login and I've tried using my panbdora login and it says involid and I cant get to a set up pgae for Radion controlled suggestions please!. When I go to the pandora page on iE i am in pandora??

showie

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if one of these apps lets you use the quickmix feature? I never listen to just one station; my ADD kicks in!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05