Is there anyway to close out of the Pandora apps

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
How do you close out of these apps (MeotroRadio and Radio Controlled)? Whenever I log out and click the volume button it still shows the song as if the app is still running and ready to go. Won't this hurt battery life because they are constantly connected to the app since it won't close?

Do these even effect battery life if they're doing this? I recently hard reset my Radar (suffered from this problem on my Arrive) because the battery life reader went to the pits randomly after doing nothing new.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
No, it will not hurt battery. It is really just a history. But, those apps do not have a proper stop button. You can get an app from the Market Place called Stop The Music, then you can run right afterwords and it will clear it. Hopefully they will be updated eventually and it will truly stop it and remove it from there.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
No, it will not hurt battery. It is really just a history. But, those apps do not have a proper stop button. You can get an app from the Market Place called Stop The Music, then you can run right afterwords and it will clear it. Hopefully they will be updated eventually and it will truly stop it and remove it from there.
Find "Stop The Music" in the Marketplace. Works like a charm.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Well as long as it doesn't hurt battery life then I don't need anything to close it. Thanks to everyone for the replies because this was driving me crazy lol.
Anything that is running, whether in suspended state or not hurts the battery. Only difference is, when in suspended state, it is minimal. I'm unsure about the music apps being suspended though. I believe that is one category that runs in the background like GPS apps.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
But if you back out of the app (tapping the back button repeatedly) the last song music history will have no effect on battery. Same as a tab in IE after closing IE.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

MannLou

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Can't you just kill the app by closing it in the background tasks? I know I had a game running for half a day it killed my battery. Once I stopped the background task it was fine.

Sent from my kick-*** TITAN using Board Express

wenogg

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Can't you just kill the app by closing it in the background tasks? I know I had a game running for half a day it killed my battery. Once I stopped the background task it was fine.

Sent from my kick-*** TITAN using Board Express
Radio Controlled dev here, I added a stop feature in the next update that removes the song from the audio player and the volume controls. I saw this thread and realized it was missing. Update coming soon.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Radio Controlled dev here, I added a stop feature in the next update that removes the song from the audio player and the volume controls. I saw this thread and realized it was missing. Update coming soon.
Thanks for the update :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss