Metrotube isn't going to totally disappear

L

lumic

A snippet from Atta's reply:

"Thank you for the kind words. We do actually have means of giving paid users the ability to re-install the app even after it has been pulled from the marketplace and will be doing everything we can to continue serving those who have shown us their support."

For those of you who were concerned about reinstalling it (myself included), it appears Lazyworm has a solution. This also makes me think that the issue is that Lazyworm doesn't wish to continue skirting around authorities and would rather build a legitimate business going forwards, as opposed to workarounds getting patched.

However, he does state that the support is for paid users. Granted it stays functional, I'd say a purchase is still worth it.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
That's good news lumic as it's a great app. As you say anyone who likes it should give it a try pretty quickly then purchase it, if they like it, before it's removed. :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
No your app purchases are linked to your Windows Live account Winterfang, so should be available on any WP device you chose in the future.

I could redownload all my Apps onto my Titan no problem at all. :)

eggdrop

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone log into their YouTube account anymore? It is just sitting idle for me. Are we going to slowly lose all functionality??!! I loved this app :'(

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone log into their YouTube account anymore? It is just sitting idle for me. Are we going to slowly lose all functionality??!! I loved this app :'(

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express
I'm logged into my YouTube account fine at the moment eggdrop, using MetroTube, so it seems to be working fine here. :)

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
how do you pay the $.99 if you have the "FREE unlimited & unrestricted trial" version? I click the buy it button and it says "in collection"

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
how do you pay the $.99 if you have the "FREE unlimited & unrestricted trial" version? I click the buy it button and it says "in collection"
That's a strange one yeewiz, i have the unlimited / unrestricted trial, but when i click on the buy button, it is giving me the option to actually purchase it.

What about an uninstall and reinstall ? Would that maybe change anything ?

X7or360

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I wonder how they're going to do that for us paid users. Are they going to use the private marketplace or just somehow distribute the xap?

Not that I would need that right now, I'm just wondering how they could do that.

Sugarnotch

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok everyone get onto the new "suggestion box" app released by MS. Search YouTube and vote up adopting MetroTube as native YouTube client. the community is the only group that can save this astonishing app!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos