A snippet from Atta's reply:

"Thank you for the kind words. We do actually have means of giving paid users the ability to re-install the app even after it has been pulled from the marketplace and will be doing everything we can to continue serving those who have shown us their support."

For those of you who were concerned about reinstalling it (myself included), it appears Lazyworm has a solution. This also makes me think that the issue is that Lazyworm doesn't wish to continue skirting around authorities and would rather build a legitimate business going forwards, as opposed to workarounds getting patched.

However, he does state that the support is for paid users. Granted it stays functional, I'd say a purchase is still worth it.
    12-24-2011 05:08 AM
    That's good news lumic as it's a great app. As you say anyone who likes it should give it a try pretty quickly then purchase it, if they like it, before it's removed. :)
    12-24-2011 07:23 AM
    I bough it when it was called Lazytube. Does it still count?
    12-24-2011 07:59 AM
    Yes it does indeedy Winterfang. :)

The old LazyTube you had, updated to MetroTube right ?
    12-24-2011 08:04 AM
    Yeah, I have Metrotube right now. What if I get a new phone on another company? will i still lose Metrotube?
    12-24-2011 08:09 AM
    No your app purchases are linked to your Windows Live account Winterfang, so should be available on any WP device you chose in the future.

I could redownload all my Apps onto my Titan no problem at all. :)
    12-24-2011 08:12 AM
    Sweet, Thanks a lot.
    12-24-2011 08:21 AM
    You're welcome. :)
    12-24-2011 08:27 AM
    Can anyone log into their YouTube account anymore? It is just sitting idle for me. Are we going to slowly lose all functionality??!! I loved this app :'(

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express
    12-24-2011 10:17 AM
    Can anyone log into their YouTube account anymore? It is just sitting idle for me. Are we going to slowly lose all functionality??!! I loved this app :'(

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express
    I'm logged into my YouTube account fine at the moment eggdrop, using MetroTube, so it seems to be working fine here. :)
    12-24-2011 10:21 AM
    how do you pay the $.99 if you have the "FREE unlimited & unrestricted trial" version? I click the buy it button and it says "in collection"
    12-24-2011 10:35 AM
    how do you pay the $.99 if you have the "FREE unlimited & unrestricted trial" version? I click the buy it button and it says "in collection"
    That's a strange one yeewiz, i have the unlimited / unrestricted trial, but when i click on the buy button, it is giving me the option to actually purchase it.

What about an uninstall and reinstall ? Would that maybe change anything ?
    12-24-2011 10:42 AM
    I wonder how they're going to do that for us paid users. Are they going to use the private marketplace or just somehow distribute the xap?

Not that I would need that right now, I'm just wondering how they could do that.
    12-24-2011 04:15 PM
    Ok everyone get onto the new "suggestion box" app released by MS. Search YouTube and vote up adopting MetroTube as native YouTube client. the community is the only group that can save this astonishing app!!!!
    12-24-2011 08:18 PM
    TheWeeBear is on it. Uninstall it and then check the Marketplace again and see if it'll let you purchase it.
    12-24-2011 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD