Twitter apps

CocoaBlossom

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I've tried to install several twitter apps on my Lumia since i have it. Impossible to use any of them. Is someone has the same issues ?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
The word is that users have been having issues authenticating with Twitter because of some API issues. Have you tried the official Twitter app? I am sure it will work itself out shortly.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
It's strange, i've tried all the twitter apps too, but I always revert back to the official twitter app.

I have no idea why. :D

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Mehdoh at the moment, but I am stoked to try out that Carbon app that everyone is talking about, whenever it's released.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
It's strange, i've tried all the twitter apps too, but I always revert back to the official twitter app.

I have no idea why. :D
I'm that way with iOS and Android, but on WP7, I just haven't wanted to go to the official. In fact, I haven't used it since spring. I may try it out and see if it has improved.

Mehdoh isn't allowing me to authenticate at the moment, but Rowi worked flawlessly, logging in.

Xtian.Castro

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I've tried Medoh and the Official app, but have settled on Rowi. Rowi is great but I have an issue with scrolling its a little stuttery. I have contacted the dev and they replied acknowledging the issue saying it has something to do with Mango

kingp

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Mehdoh is my favorite...but

It's being discontinued, as of 12/30 at least. I know the dev was waiting to hear back from MS on his specific issues to be resolved.

I like how Mehdoh scrolls (very smooth), and presents my tweets. I also like the way it handles links/pics for incoming tweets. It also (in v1.9) has an update to the live tile, and gives you a choice of 3 options.

I've tried all of the Twitter apps in the marketplace (except Tweet It or CarbonWP) and Mehdoh is my favorite.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Mehdoh for me. I know the dev is not renewing his Marketplace registration, but will hopefully continue to make it available as a Homebrew app. Well worth the effort. Smooth scrolling and Te link implementation is fantastic. Fonts are the right size. All is just right.

After hearing about Mehdoh maybe going away, reinstalled all the apps I had tried previously; Rowi, Birdsong, moTweets, Twit 2.0 and they were all big disappointments.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

stryker09

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. Always reverted back to the official Twitter app simply because of its scrolling. Else I use Rowi and occasionally the in-built one. Seriously waiting for Carbon though.

Also I find it kind of saddening that first Metrotube then Mehdoh. Hope this doesn't discourage them from developing apps for Windows Phone.

ilsonfan

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I love Mehdoh and was gutted to hear that development has now stopped, especially as the latest version crashes in the settings :-(

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Ah I see, thanks for that ilsonfan, mine is fine on all the settings screens including the Live Tile page.

I was just curious. :)

I wonder if it's a wide problem and I'm just lucky ?

Anyone else's Mehdoh crash in the settings ?

Last edited:

ilsonfan

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I beleive the developer is aware of the issue but they are unsure if they can now push out an update for it. Oh well. Apparently moTweets is about to be mango-fied so I'll take another look at that. The main feature of these two apps is that they remember where in the timeline I was so I don't have to scroll backwards :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes like yourself I really like Mehdoh too, but I still seem to be sticking to the boring old official Twitter app.

Some things never change. :D

Hope you get one you can settle on soon ilsonfan. :)

yingxuy

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
I also like the approach to the link / image incoming tweet. (V1.9), it also has a live update tile and gives you the choice of three options.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)