prepaid card buying apps

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I just got 4 $25 prepaid cards. I wanted to buy navigon that is $29.99 and I could not go through. Does anyone know why?

I have the same issue. I have 2 app cards but since the Navigon app is more than 25 dollars it won't let me us them to buy it. I think the marketplace can't split payments? Does anyone know a way to do this?

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, I think that's an unfortunate limitation of the app card. You cannot buy anything over what's left on the card is what I've read it around the forum. I was hoping to get an offline GPS app also. Darn.

steveymacjr

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
the prepaid app card is just a Prepaid Visa card..
do what i did to purchase an expensive app:
Bill the app to your AT&T/carrier bill, then use each of those cards to pay at your carriers website...

So, I billed navigon to my AT&T bill, then I went to Att.com and first paid $25, then I paid the remaining $4.99..(seperatly)..

petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Bill the app to your AT&T/carrier bill, then use each of those cards to pay at your carriers website...

So, I billed navigon to my AT&T bill, then I went to Att.com and first paid $25, then I paid the remaining $4.99..(seperatly)..
that is good to know. However, how do I set up to have apps charged to att?

steveymacjr

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
You can only bill to your Carrier account on the device itself(it won't show up online)..
I think because it is an AT&T branded device, AT&T has already set up your account on the phone.. I'm assuming because I had no set up or anything, I just chose "AT&T Appcenter"

Basically you tap "Buy" on the app you want to purchase..
On the "Confirm Purchase" page you will either see the carrier logo, or your payment method... If you don't see your carrier logo, tap "Change payment method" then select "AT&T AppCenter" from the choices(Or whatever your respective carrier calls it).. Once you do that, tap "Buy".. and if all goes as planned, the purchase is final!

Then you'll head on over to the AT&T website, either right away, or wait for your bill.. and pay for the app purchases with your Windows Phone PrePaid VISA Debit card(processed as Credit on att.com)

By the way I'm not sure if this works for prepaid accounts..Or if it works for unbranded devices...
Heck I'm not even sure if it's only AT&T that is offering this...

Last edited:

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for that idea! That is exactly what I am going to do!

petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
curious how you pay the purchase apps through ATT

I bought navigon that is billed through att. Went on ATT account and see nothing there. Called ATT and asked to go to att.com/directbill and there is a purchase app. However, there is no option to pay for it. Do I have to wait for next bill to pay? Is ATT going to separate app purchase from the rest of the bill? My understanding is that you cannot use the card for anything else. How does it work.

If Microsoft want people to buy its products, it needs to put everything together. Looking at the MS billing website, it is a mess. Simplify things!!!!!

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I bought navigon that is billed through att. Went on ATT account and see nothing there. Called ATT and asked to go to att.com/directbill and there is a purchase app. However, there is no option to pay for it. Do I have to wait for next bill to pay? Is ATT going to separate app purchase from the rest of the bill? My understanding is that you cannot use the card for anything else. How does it work.

If Microsoft want people to buy its products, it needs to put everything together. Looking at the MS billing website, it is a mess. Simplify things!!!!!
The purchase will appear on your next AT&T statement as a separate line item. That's a feature of carrier billing. And what's not to understand. Pretty much all online gift card purchases won't allow you to split a purchase between two payment methods. Usually need a face to face to pull that off. Lots of things you can do with the card. Buy apps for less than $25 each, buy points to purchase music, videos, etc.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
The purchase will appear on your next AT&T statement as a separate line item. That's a feature of carrier billing. And what's not to understand. Pretty much all online gift card purchases won't allow you to split a purchase between two payment methods. Usually need a face to face to pull that off. Lots of things you can do with the card. Buy apps for less than $25 each, buy points to purchase music, videos, etc.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

ignored!!!

steveymacjr

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Huh? There is nothing special needed,
The purchase won't be on your AT&T bill right away, it takes till your billing period is over.
Once your bill hits, you just use the prepaid card to apply a payment to your bill as a credit card. There won't be a "special option" section to pay for your app, it just becomes part of your AT&T bill,and you pay for it just like wireless service.

Because navigon is more than the $25 card, you'll have to make three separate payments,
One for $25 on one card, another for $4.99(or whatever is left over after $25) plus any tax,and then the last one using your usual payment method.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99