share purchased apps on different phones

petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I have heard that you can share same purchased apps on max 5 different phones under the same windows live ID. Is this true. If it is, how do I do it? I tried and this morning and it did not work. I have to purchase it.

petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
The other phone was signed in under your windows live ID?
Yes, two phones are siged in using the same live id. I have messaging blocked for both phones. I went to windowsphone.com. Under the account and the second phone number, the app has reinstall option. I pressed that and selected "sending e-mail" option. Got email from the phone and clicked the link -- lead to the app market link. Clicked the lin: two options: buy or share.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Only did a windowsphone.com purchase one time, but when purchasing/downloading from your phone, you always get the Buy/Share option for purchased apps. After you click Buy, you are informed that you already purchased the app. Maybe it works the same way.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Only did a windowsphone.com purchase one time, but when purchasing/downloading from your phone, you always get the Buy/Share option for purchased apps. After you click Buy, you are informed that you already purchased the app. Maybe it works the same way.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

This is correct. I was upset when it only gave me the options to try and buy again on my new phone, but after a while, I finally clicked buy and on the following page it said something along the lines of, "It looks like you've already purchased this app. Would you like to download it again?" Then it will let you download it without charge.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon