The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Hello

I didn't find any Mango app that can measure WiFi and Data connection traffic.
    I have 60 MB of free gprs connection at my phone provider so I need to know how much I consume during the month.

Thanks
    Last edited by spasobn; 01-05-2012 at 08:38 AM. Reason: change title
    01-05-2012 08:38 AM
    It's because it can't be done.
    In order to count the amount of data transfered an app would have to run in the background(actualy run).
    01-05-2012 12:00 PM
    Can you monitor the cellular data at the providers website?

Conversely, ATT provides an app that will tell you your cellular usage (not in real time, it is updated through their website multiple times a day). Perhaps your provider has an equivalent app?
    01-05-2012 02:21 PM
    Can you monitor the cellular data at the providers website?

Conversely, ATT provides an app that will tell you your cellular usage (not in real time, it is updated through their website multiple times a day). Perhaps your provider has an equivalent app?
    Thanks for replies

Unfortunately, my providers don't have any application for that.
    01-05-2012 05:09 PM
    Even if such an app is provided I'ts not actually a data transfer monitor.
    It only sends a request to your service provider for the data and displays it.
    What WP7 needs is an app that would constantly monitor data transfer and disable data connection when the user specified limit is reached.
    Too bad it can't be done.
    threed61 and spasobn like this.
    01-06-2012 03:03 AM
    I get a text a warning text from my service provider when I reach 80% of my allowance. Seems to work for me.
    01-06-2012 04:21 AM
    It's because it can't be done.

In order to count the amount of data transfered an app would have to run in the background(actualy run).
    Exactly. This is something that would need to be built in to the OS. And with all the new restrictions and tariffs probably not a bad idea.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    threed61 likes this.
    01-06-2012 06:09 AM