Hi, I have been using the official foursquare app on my nokia lumia 800 for nearly 2 weeks now and was quite enjoying it!

But for the past 4 days when I check in via the app, it does not show me as 'here now' at the venue. When I check my history the venue appears in my list.

I have ticked the option 'include me in the public list of people who are currently checked in at a venue' and am always in the right location when i do check in! (not off the grid).

I have also noticed that when I check in now, the total number of people and the total check in's doesn't increase to include my check in.

What's going on?

Anyone else experiencing this?
    Last edited by miele12; 01-07-2012 at 05:59 PM.
    01-07-2012 05:40 PM
    haven't experienced this particular problem but was experiencing you have been here before (off grid problem) and was losing points :)
    Switched to 4th & Mayor and have been loving that app more than the official one
    miele12 likes this.
    01-08-2012 06:21 AM
    Thanks! Just installed 4th & mayor, so much better! Quicker, more accurate and a lot more fun than the foursquare app. Also shows me as 'checked-in' and total check ins increasing.
    Perfect! :D
    01-08-2012 11:08 AM
    My foursquare app has been acting up to.

: when i check in it want tell me how many days I'm away from becoming mayor
    : if the place has no mayor and i check in multible days in a row i can't become mayor
    : live tile quite working

So basicly i can get points but not become mayor of a venue. i do have 4th installed and i can become mayor of a venue checking in with it. I know most people like 4th better but i prefer the official app myself.
    So i ask is the official foursquare app working for other people?

THANKS
    01-08-2012 02:42 PM
    I highly recommend you use the 4th and Mayor app...much better!
    01-08-2012 03:41 PM
    I'm forced to use 4th now because the official foursquare app is broke. I personally hate 4th. Just my preference.
    01-08-2012 03:52 PM