08-12-2013 12:59 AM
115 1234 ...
tools
    There used to be before it went free... There isn't a paid version anymore.
    I have the brand new version. I'm new to WP, so I wasn't even around when their previous versions were out
    02-06-2012 11:26 AM
    At long last Carbon for Windows Phone has passed certification. It should be with us within the next 24 hours.

Twitter Quote

We finally passed Marketplace Certification Test, we just requested publishing it to Marketplace, so 24h more n' we'll be there. Oh yeah!

That's exciting news for everyone who has been patiently awaiting its arrival for the past 6 years. :D

I wonder if it's been worth the wait. :dry
    02-10-2012 01:30 PM
    You guys missed a couple: TweeterLight, Peregrine

I don't have them, though I do have almost all the rest (Birdsong, Mehdoh, moTweets Pro, rowi, Seesmic, Tweet It!, Twitter). I look forward to adding Carbon to my stable.
    Last edited by MajorLonghorn; 02-10-2012 at 02:00 PM.
    TheWeeBear likes this.
    02-10-2012 01:53 PM
    Thanks MajorLonghorn, that's it added to our list now. :)
    02-10-2012 01:59 PM
    If I hadn't seen this thread I would have given up on finding a Twitter client for WP7. Have you tried searching 'twitter' in the Marketplace Search? The results are just stupid!

Results:
    1. Twitter (official client)
    2. Blocked in Free (huh??)
    3. Angry Birds Uncov.. (what?!)
    4. Optical Illusions Free (oh geez..)
    5. Basketball
    6. Funny Jump
    7. Airhorn Ultimate
    ...you get the drift. Not a single 3rd party Twitter client is listed. Not one! Oh wait, there's Seesmic at #13. Wow, good job MS on the search function. Useless!
    Last edited by speedtouch; 02-10-2012 at 04:31 PM.
    02-10-2012 02:54 PM
    The sorry story of Carbon's WP Marketplace submission failures.

Carbon for WP7 Blog

Just Sharing. :)
    02-11-2012 06:11 AM
    Will Carbon be the best one? Just curious. I like rowi but scrolling seems to be off and that ruins the experience for me. I use the official app and get text notifications for now - ugh.

Sent from my kick-*** TITAN using Board Express
    02-11-2012 07:57 AM
    No idea MannLou, I've never used carbon. I tried all the twitter apps and kept going back to the official twitter app. I'm still using Mehdoh though at the moment, I like it.

I guess we'll soon find out if it's been worth the wait or not. :P
    02-11-2012 08:02 AM
    So what's the Carbon verdict folks ? Worth the wait ? :dry

I notice there's no trial, Naughty! :(

Just read next update will have a trial.
    Last edited by TheWeeBear; 02-12-2012 at 03:32 AM.
    02-12-2012 03:23 AM
    The trial version should be coming in an update in a few days :)

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express
    TheWeeBear likes this.
    02-12-2012 03:28 AM
    Yep just read that EA575 thanks, will hang on till then, I'll make do mith my Mehdoh for now.
    02-12-2012 03:31 AM
    Will Carbon be the best one? Just curious. I like rowi but scrolling seems to be off and that ruins the experience for me.
    I've been a hardcore Rowi fan (minus the scrolling issues), but I'm trying out Carbon right now. It has some features that Rowi doesn't have (like twitlonger support) so that is cool. I still like the Rowi UI a little better. But the way Carbon displays tweets with uploaded images is pretty neat.
    02-13-2012 11:45 AM
    Just noticed that in Carbon, Retweets are shown in a different column, i.e. not your timeline. This is pretty weird if you ask me. You also have to tap into a tweet in order to favorite, you can't do it from the timeline.....

Leaning towards Rowi at this point.
    02-13-2012 11:55 AM
    I see retweets fine in my timeline using Carbon.
    02-14-2012 03:06 AM
    Hey guys!

I'm gonna jump to the WP ship with the good-old HD7 but just wondering if any of those Twitter apps can do the following (I couldn't even find a solution on my current Android).

Defining a specific "person", making a live tile on the pin menu where it showall of that users: tweets, retweets,replies AND the tweets mentioning that user.

It just seems like the ability to show all the tweets mentioning a specific user is overlooked by Twitter apps, be it on WP or Android.

Thanks in advance!
    03-07-2012 05:23 PM
    Hey guys!

I'm gonna jump to the WP ship with the good-old HD7 but just wondering if any of those Twitter apps can do the following (I couldn't even find a solution on my current Android).

Defining a specific "person", making a live tile on the pin menu where it showall of that users: tweets, retweets,replies AND the tweets mentioning that user.

It just seems like the ability to show all the tweets mentioning a specific user is overlooked by Twitter apps, be it on WP or Android.

Thanks in advance!
    Mehdoh will allow you to show tweets mentioning a specific user, and also pin that use to the start.
    tersagun likes this.
    03-08-2012 12:42 AM
    Thanks to this thread I just discovered MehDoh!, incredible, an incredible twitter app for WP7

Thanks all!
    03-12-2012 05:54 AM
    Is it just me or we toast notification does not work like an usual push notification and there is no option to set the update interval other then 30 mins?

Just installed Mehdoh but getting problematic with getting constant, automatic updates.
    03-15-2012 01:35 PM
    Is it just me or we toast notification does not work like an usual push notification and there is no option to set the update interval other then 30 mins?
    It runs as a background task, so the update interval is entirely controlled by the Windows Phone OS unfortunately.
    tersagun likes this.
    03-15-2012 01:36 PM
    Thanks cta. But it is really weird that you have to wait 30 minutes to receive any updates on any Twitter app, unless you do it manually all the time.
    03-15-2012 03:17 PM
    Thanks cta. But it is really weird that you have to wait 30 minutes to receive any updates on any Twitter app, unless you do it manually all the time.
    If you need something a bit quicker than Rowi has push notifications that are almost instant.
    03-15-2012 03:18 PM
    I just started using Peregrine, and I am pretty happy with it so far. I feel like it is a much better app than the default Twitter app.
    03-15-2012 07:14 PM
    Does anyone know if any of these apps give a Tweet count on the Livetile? This official app is miserable. None of the apps I have tried have as much polish as Ubersocial for BlackBerry.
    03-27-2012 08:32 PM
    New contender of Gleek, coming from a solid developer. 1.99$ with free trial, one of the most unique Twitter approaches so far.

Worth trying, me thinks. Only serious lacking feature so far is PUSH. But other than that, it is a fun and very MetroUIsh client.

Ah, the link:
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/ap...e-3d0c06867dd0
    Last edited by tersagun; 03-28-2012 at 03:15 AM. Reason: link
    03-28-2012 03:15 AM
    Does anyone know if any of these apps give a Tweet count on the Livetile? This official app is miserable. None of the apps I have tried have as much polish as Ubersocial for BlackBerry.
    Peregrine has a Tweet count on the Live Tile. One of the reasons that I like it. Shows Tweets, and Mentions if you are mentioned. Great app.
    rjansen3 likes this.
    03-28-2012 01:15 PM
115 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD