Windows Phone Twitter App List

ctafield

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys!

I'm gonna jump to the WP ship with the good-old HD7 but just wondering if any of those Twitter apps can do the following (I couldn't even find a solution on my current Android).

Defining a specific "person", making a live tile on the pin menu where it showall of that users: tweets, retweets,replies AND the tweets mentioning that user.

It just seems like the ability to show all the tweets mentioning a specific user is overlooked by Twitter apps, be it on WP or Android.

Thanks in advance!
Mehdoh will allow you to show tweets mentioning a specific user, and also pin that use to the start.

tersagun

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me or we toast notification does not work like an usual push notification and there is no option to set the update interval other then 30 mins?

Just installed Mehdoh but getting problematic with getting constant, automatic updates.

ctafield

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me or we toast notification does not work like an usual push notification and there is no option to set the update interval other then 30 mins?

It runs as a background task, so the update interval is entirely controlled by the Windows Phone OS unfortunately.

tersagun

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks cta. But it is really weird that you have to wait 30 minutes to receive any updates on any Twitter app, unless you do it manually all the time.

Heavy Fluid

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I just started using Peregrine, and I am pretty happy with it so far. I feel like it is a much better app than the default Twitter app.

rjansen3

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if any of these apps give a Tweet count on the Livetile? This official app is miserable. None of the apps I have tried have as much polish as Ubersocial for BlackBerry.

Heavy Fluid

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if any of these apps give a Tweet count on the Livetile? This official app is miserable. None of the apps I have tried have as much polish as Ubersocial for BlackBerry.

Peregrine has a Tweet count on the Live Tile. One of the reasons that I like it. Shows Tweets, and Mentions if you are mentioned. Great app.

tannoid78

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
lies

I see from your twitter app lists that you are missing THE BEST twitter buddy you could have for your windows phone witch is gleek by dev liquid daffodil :cool:

Allthisforwhat

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Gleek is a great twitter app. It beats the official twitter app by a wide margin. Any live tiles you pin to start will automatically update and you can select to receive notifications of mentions, etc.

rjansen3

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Peregrine has a Tweet count on the Live Tile. One of the reasons that I like it. Shows Tweets, and Mentions if you are mentioned. Great app.

Peregrine is the best I have tried so far. The only hangups is that there is no "go to" feature that takes you straight to a user's timeline and the lack of in-timeline image previews. Untill some other app gets background downloads of tweets and a tweet count on the Live Tile, I will be sticking with Peregrine. If Mehdoh got these two features I would go back to it.

dj9928

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Another Mehdoh fan, what I don't like however is push notifications only come through when I wake the phone from sleep,

Strangis

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I gotta say that after using all of them, Carbon are MoTweets are my two favourites.

MoTweets - fast scrolling, and more importantly, fast LOADING of new tweets. Good layout that displays a lot of tweets per screen, inline images. The dev has been around since the Windows Mobile days, and has updated almost monthly. Also love the multi-account + FB support.

Carbon - suffers the slow load/scroll that many Twitter apps do, but the way inline images/videos look is gorgeous.

ratfester

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Question about twitter apps. The official iOS app would pick up where I left off on the timeline, but on WP7 it seems to start at the top with the newest first. Mehdoh looks like it does this as well. Is there a setting I'm missing or is that just the way it goes on these? I'd rather not have to scroll down to find the break where I left off reading...

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Question about twitter apps. The official iOS app would pick up where I left off on the timeline, but on WP7 it seems to start at the top with the newest first. Mehdoh looks like it does this as well. Is there a setting I'm missing or is that just the way it goes on these? I'd rather not have to scroll down to find the break where I left off reading...

Not sure. Carbon starts where you left off and populates new tweets above it, with a very obvious line in between.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss