Windows Phone Twitter App List

crystinonfire

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
so does Rowi come with toast notification? I wanted to try Mehdoh before, but I read that it has been discontinued. Why do you prefer Rowi to Mehdoh?

Yes, Rowi has toast notifications (with the paid version) and live tiles. IIRC, with Mehdoh, some of the twitter native t.co links weren't clickable. Also, you had to click several times to see pictures, with Rowi you don't have to click outside of the tweet to see the image, it shows it once you tap into the tweet.

Rowi is supposed to be coming out with an update any day now. (the dev keeps tweeting about it)

ctafield

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes, Rowi has toast notifications (with the paid version) and live tiles. IIRC, with Mehdoh, some of the twitter native t.co links weren't clickable. Also, you had to click several times to see pictures

Hey... can you send me a message with any examples of the t.co links? Sometimes Twitter doesn't return links as assets (which is basically a list of links, hastags, images etc..) so Mehdoh doesn't convert them into links... but if theres one you think should be working I'm happy to take a look at it :)

Images should load along side the tweet so there shouldnt be any extra clicking... are you using the free version? Sounds like the old trial version to me, as inline images was a paid feature.

crystinonfire

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey... can you send me a message with any examples of the t.co links? Sometimes Twitter doesn't return links as assets (which is basically a list of links, hastags, images etc..) so Mehdoh doesn't convert them into links... but if theres one you think should be working I'm happy to take a look at it :)

Images should load along side the tweet so there shouldnt be any extra clicking... are you using the free version? Sounds like the old trial version to me, as inline images was a paid feature.

there is a paid version of mehdoh?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
At long last Carbon for Windows Phone has passed certification. It should be with us within the next 24 hours.

Twitter Quote

We finally passed Marketplace Certification Test, we just requested publishing it to Marketplace, so 24h more n' we'll be there. Oh yeah!

That's exciting news for everyone who has been patiently awaiting its arrival for the past 6 years. :D

I wonder if it's been worth the wait. :dry

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
You guys missed a couple: TweeterLight, Peregrine

I don't have them, though I do have almost all the rest (Birdsong, Mehdoh, moTweets Pro, rowi, Seesmic, Tweet It!, Twitter). I look forward to adding Carbon to my stable.

Last edited:

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
If I hadn't seen this thread I would have given up on finding a Twitter client for WP7. Have you tried searching 'twitter' in the Marketplace Search? The results are just stupid!

Results:
1. Twitter (official client)
2. Blocked in Free (huh??)
3. Angry Birds Uncov.. (what?!)
4. Optical Illusions Free (oh geez..)
5. Basketball
6. Funny Jump
7. Airhorn Ultimate
...you get the drift. Not a single 3rd party Twitter client is listed. Not one! Oh wait, there's Seesmic at #13. Wow, good job MS on the search function. Useless!

Last edited:

MannLou

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Will Carbon be the best one? Just curious. I like rowi but scrolling seems to be off and that ruins the experience for me. I use the official app and get text notifications for now - ugh.

Sent from my kick-*** TITAN using Board Express

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
No idea MannLou, I've never used carbon. I tried all the twitter apps and kept going back to the official twitter app. I'm still using Mehdoh though at the moment, I like it.

I guess we'll soon find out if it's been worth the wait or not. :p

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
So what's the Carbon verdict folks ? Worth the wait ? :dry

I notice there's no trial, Naughty! :(

Just read next update will have a trial. :cool:

Last edited:

crystinonfire

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Will Carbon be the best one? Just curious. I like rowi but scrolling seems to be off and that ruins the experience for me.

I've been a hardcore Rowi fan (minus the scrolling issues), but I'm trying out Carbon right now. It has some features that Rowi doesn't have (like twitlonger support) so that is cool. I still like the Rowi UI a little better. But the way Carbon displays tweets with uploaded images is pretty neat.

crystinonfire

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed that in Carbon, Retweets are shown in a different column, i.e. not your timeline. This is pretty weird if you ask me. You also have to tap into a tweet in order to favorite, you can't do it from the timeline.....

Leaning towards Rowi at this point.

tersagun

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys!

I'm gonna jump to the WP ship with the good-old HD7 but just wondering if any of those Twitter apps can do the following (I couldn't even find a solution on my current Android).

Defining a specific "person", making a live tile on the pin menu where it showall of that users: tweets, retweets,replies AND the tweets mentioning that user.

It just seems like the ability to show all the tweets mentioning a specific user is overlooked by Twitter apps, be it on WP or Android.

Thanks in advance!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss