10-23-2014 11:06 AM
40 12
tools
    I use One Note and is cool but I want to know if I'm missing something.
    01-20-2012 06:43 PM
    Bump.
    01-22-2012 08:17 AM
    Evernote
    01-22-2012 09:59 AM
    OneNote. You got the best. Forget about the rest. :)
    01-22-2012 10:02 AM
    Depends on the note. Quick reminders. Lists. Something that needs to be synced, or only need it for a day. OneNote is great, and I use it all the time. But it could be too much for the simple stuff.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    01-22-2012 10:22 AM
    I use to make lists and mostly to keep my work schedule on. I like it because it can get pinned on the screen and there's no need to click on save or anything, but it's a little slow and laggy and it always synching even though I don't have the real one note on my computer so it's just a couple of seconds I have to wait till I see what's on there.

Will try evernote.

Edit: Create account? Well that's one app I'll never use.
    01-22-2012 11:07 AM
    Edit: Create account? Well that's one app I'll never use.
    Why?

Evernote is cross-platform (PC, mac, android, WP7, iOS, web access) and has far more features than onenote and has a lot more functionality - I wouldn't dismiss it without trying it.
    01-22-2012 01:38 PM
    I just don't want to create another account.
    01-22-2012 07:04 PM
    For me Simplenote is best, have you used it before?
    01-26-2012 04:40 AM
    I love evernote. I don't ever have to worry about losing my notes since they are automatically backed up in my ACCOUNT. :) plus I can access my notes from anywhere even just in a web browser on any computer.

Sent from my Trophy using Board Express
    01-26-2012 06:36 AM
    Evernote is particularly nice if you're sharing work with several people. I helped my god son and several classmates with a project from 2000 miles away.
    Only drawback is reception. I was in Costco with an older phone, and couldn't access my shopping list.
    For most everything, I use Onenote.
    01-26-2012 10:10 AM
    Slightly off topic but I'd really love to see a catch.com app for WP, I use catch extensively on Windows and Android based devices so would love to see it as an app.
    01-27-2012 03:24 PM
    I'm on the hunt too for a good note taking app. SuperNote is not bad, and Evernote looks awesome, but you have to pay to have your notes offline! :(

Any note taking application that lets you place multiple notes into categories/groups/folders?
    03-09-2012 10:28 PM
    Evernote is particularly nice if you're sharing work with several people. I helped my god son and several classmates with a project from 2000 miles away.
    Only drawback is reception. I was in Costco with an older phone, and couldn't access my shopping list.
    For most everything, I use Onenote.
    You should tell them that you can share notebooks with Onenote. The syncing/collaboration features are considerably more refined than Evernote. Give it a shot and see what you think.
    threed61 likes this.
    03-10-2012 09:33 AM
    You should tell them that you can share notebooks with Onenote. The syncing/collaboration features are considerably more refined than Evernote. Give it a shot and see what you think.
    I never thought of that. I'd not heard of Onenote before I got a WP. It's my favorite app now.
    03-10-2012 12:03 PM
    Evernote has so much to offer. So what if you have to create another account? It is free! I prefer Evernote because I can access my notes from anywhere: WP7, Android, desktop, TouchPad, PalmPre, etc.
    03-10-2012 02:49 PM
    I really enjoy onenote. There is also a onenote app for iOS, not sure about android. I'm going to give evernote a try and see how I like it.
    03-10-2012 03:13 PM
    My favorite is UpVise. It's on all platforms and has a web interface. It's fast and clean.

UpVise is actually an app suite. It has other free apps and many paid. I mainly use the Note app and the text-only Wikipedia, which is very fast (when I don't need pictures). But you don't have to install more than you need, so if you just want Notes, just install that part. You get 10 MB free, which should be enough for notes.
    03-10-2012 05:48 PM
    Actually one of Microsoft's best kept secrets. Originally developed for their, well you know, tablets (long before the iPad). Had one about 9 years ago (Acer convertible). Expecting the Win8 tablet to be a wee bit better.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    03-10-2012 11:13 PM
    I love Onenote.
    03-11-2012 12:11 PM
    I gave OneNote a second look after seeing so many praises for it and after a quick search confirmed why I skipped over it, Windows Phone 7 version of OneNote Mobile does NOT support groups.

A workaround I've read to organize your notes into different sections is to create a separate notebook for each.

But OneNote Mobile doesn't let you create a new notebook directly on the phone so it is do-able with a little work on the desktop version first. Thanks guys, sure beats paying for Evernote.
    03-11-2012 02:44 PM
    I love evernote. I don't ever have to worry about losing my notes since they are automatically backed up in my ACCOUNT. :) plus I can access my notes from anywhere even just in a web browser on any computer.
    Wow! Just like OneNote! :D

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    03-11-2012 10:59 PM
    I might be late to the party in this topic, but I would also advise OneNote. It's synched very well with Windows Love and Office. It's easy and looks clean when using on your phone, but some very nice (and handy) flair is added when opening on your computer.
    03-12-2012 07:44 AM
    I use onenote nothing beats it.
    03-12-2012 10:58 AM
    OneNote and Evernote are both excellent. I prefer onenote personally, but especially with Windows Phone its a no brainer.
    03-12-2012 11:12 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD