wpcentral app v3 tile (concept)

cookiemonster21x

May 18, 2011
Visit site
don't know bout y'all, but i'm really loving the new design of the wpcentral app! one thing in particular i really like is the 'large numbers' article count on the tile; though, i feel it looks sort of wierd...

as such i put together a little 'concept' design for a new wpcentral app tile:

125krjt.jpg

jq4as2.jpg

point is to have the tile more 'metro' and with the numbers better matching the system tile (messages, emails, marketplace, etc..). also, given that there are so many apps that use the windows logo in some fashion or another, i figured it should be alright to use the actual site logo, right..?

attached are some screenshots of the concept from my phone

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
don't know bout y'all, but i'm really loving the new design of the wpcentral app! one thing in particular i really like is the 'large numbers' article count on the tile; though, i feel it looks sort of wierd...

as such i put together a little 'concept' design for a new wpcentral app tile:

Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image

point is to have the tile more 'metro' and with the numbers better matching the system tile (messages, emails, marketplace, etc..). also, given that there are so many apps that use the windows logo in some fashion or another, i figured it should be alright to use the actual site logo, right..?

attached are some screenshots of the concept from my phone

Me likey!

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I like the concept a lot, in fact the logo "peeking in" is pretty much the design concept I had (I just not a designer!)

With regards to the logo, we've been rejected from the marketplace before for "not owning the copyright or permission to use the Windows Logo", so I doubt we'd be able to use this particular design unless we got lucky and the tester in question didn't know about that restriction.

Still, I credit all of the graphical design to Rich as every logo and icon was his idea, I just figure out the rough UX I want the app to have then request the relevant graphical designs from him, so I suggest you send him a tweet @RichEdmonds to see what he thinks of the tile :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb