don't know bout y'all, but i'm really loving the new design of the wpcentral app! one thing in particular i really like is the 'large numbers' article count on the tile; though, i feel it looks sort of wierd...

as such i put together a little 'concept' design for a new wpcentral app tile:

point is to have the tile more 'metro' and with the numbers better matching the system tile (messages, emails, marketplace, etc..). also, given that there are so many apps that use the windows logo in some fashion or another, i figured it should be alright to use the actual site logo, right..?

attached are some screenshots of the concept from my phone
    01-21-2012 03:32 PM
    don't know bout y'all, but i'm really loving the new design of the wpcentral app! one thing in particular i really like is the 'large numbers' article count on the tile; though, i feel it looks sort of wierd...

as such i put together a little 'concept' design for a new wpcentral app tile:

Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image

point is to have the tile more 'metro' and with the numbers better matching the system tile (messages, emails, marketplace, etc..). also, given that there are so many apps that use the windows logo in some fashion or another, i figured it should be alright to use the actual site logo, right..?

attached are some screenshots of the concept from my phone
    Me likey!
    01-21-2012 04:08 PM
    That really does look slick, nice job.
    01-21-2012 04:18 PM
    I've popped it into a tweet for Jay cookiemonster21x. :)

Looks great. :)
    01-21-2012 04:22 PM
    I like the concept a lot, in fact the logo "peeking in" is pretty much the design concept I had (I just not a designer!)

With regards to the logo, we've been rejected from the marketplace before for "not owning the copyright or permission to use the Windows Logo", so I doubt we'd be able to use this particular design unless we got lucky and the tester in question didn't know about that restriction.

Still, I credit all of the graphical design to Rich as every logo and icon was his idea, I just figure out the rough UX I want the app to have then request the relevant graphical designs from him, so I suggest you send him a tweet @RichEdmonds to see what he thinks of the tile :)
    01-21-2012 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD