Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I'd like Microsoft to tell us the truth... seems like the folks at Carbon isn't telling us the whole story. They're just blaming it on Microsoft.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Because of their location, they have to submit through an intermediary. Yalla Apps. So there isn't any direct communication between MS and them.

Though it looks like a Brandon Watson is now aware of the situation and is looking into it.

Last edited:

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Well, they failed it because of what? If they haven't complied with known certification requirements, can't really blame MS.

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, something's not right & the developers may not be telling the whole story. I mean, Microsoft needs apps. Its not like they're just denying it over & over for sh*ts & giggles.

Rallicat

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I think the problem here is that rather than being given a complete list of reasons for failure each time, they're only being told about one problem each time they submit and fail. So, instead of being able to just fix all the issues in one shot, resubmit, and then get in, they're having to submit over and over again!

Now sure, there is clearly a question of whether the guys making the app have done their homework properley, and haven't made themselves fully aware of all the requirements to pass the approval process - nevertheless, it seems that Microsoft could be a little more helpful here in communicating the reasons why an app fails.

Given the sheer number of apps that I see appearing in the 'new' list in the marketplace that are -frankly- just spam, It's disheartening to see a decent looking app like this fail to get through.

I hope the Microsoft guys that are in touch with Carbon can help them get their app through.

kingp

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Everyone needs to keep in mind that sometimes an app can comply with Microsoft's terms and yet still fail certification because of restrictions in certain marketplaces (like China or India) that do not allow certain types of content. This happened with Mehdoh recently. It failed in those two markets because those countries view Twitter as a "controversial" content source.

Now with that said, try to understand the frustration of the guys making CarbonWP. First they can't even submit the app directly to MS, they have to go through a 3rd party (Yalla Apps), and on top of that, they aren't even given a complete list of the cert failures.

To me, this just illustrates the fact that MS does need to tweak the app submission process, and make it more transparent to the developer. This will allow devs to increase their turnaround time for bugfixes and app updates. This current process is NOT at all perfect, or even ideal. At the same time though, I don't think it should be wide open like Android market either, where I can submit an app right now and it's available within 30 minutes...but I do think 24 hours is long enough for an app to pass certification and deployment to the Marketplace.

Last edited:

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Do we know for a fact that MS is not telling them everything that is failing certification, or is this just conjecture? The developer did not clearly state one way or the other in that tweet.

Given that the Marketplace is growing so rapidly, it's unlikely that the certification process is as haphazard as some imply. Then again, I'm not a developer, so I don't have firsthand experience.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
In their blog they mentioned that they aren't given much information. It's hard to say what the problem is.

It's possible that the communication problem is because they're going through Yalla Apps. But nobody knows for sure yet.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Latest tweet from CarbonWP....

'Good News folks we're getting the right support from @windowsphone and @yallaapps things are looking good now, now we know what to do'

Hopefully the app will now be with us sooner rather than later. :)

Last edited:

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I think the problem here is that rather than being given a complete list of reasons for failure each time, they're only being told about one problem each time they submit and fail. So, instead of being able to just fix all the issues in one shot, resubmit, and then get in, they're having to submit over and over again!
That's what they mentioned as a possibility in the WP Central podcast last week.

Latest tweet from CarbonWP....

'Good News folks we're getting the right support from @windowsphone and @yallaapps things are looking good now, now we know what to do'

Hopefully the app will now be with us sooner rather than later. :)
Great news! I'm so looking forward to Carbon. It's sad that this had to be escalated. I wonder how many other developers are struggling with app certification yet don't have the attention as the Carbon development team...

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Now that it appears that the release is imminent, are there any beta testers around that could give us some insight as to how good the app is? Feature set, scroll smoothness, stability, etc?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett