Hey everyone,
    I tried searching, but didn't find anything really useful. Does anyone know of or can recommend a good workout app? Maybe something that easily builds workouts and routines to achieve goals?? Thanks in advance.
    01-23-2012 04:28 PM
    Hi jburke2510, is Workout Tracker & Sports Tracker any good to you?

Sports Tracker

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/ap...3-687ccc3fa119

Workout Tracker

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/ap...2-78e7d1fa76f8

Sorry if you've already tried them and they are not any good to you. :)
    01-23-2012 04:36 PM
    Deekfit Gym for lifting routines
    TheWeeBear likes this.
    01-23-2012 05:21 PM
    01-23-2012 05:24 PM
    thanks guys...ill check them out!!
    01-23-2012 06:48 PM
    Back on Android I was looking for a workout app too, to track routines. Unfortunately I didn't find anything that was a "fitness log" type app, at least not one that was easy to use. Wonder if there's one for WP7.

The problem was while a lot of the apps could create routines, they were rigid. As in, this routine is ALWAYS x number of sets and y number of reps at z weight. Well, my workouts varied more than that, or sometimes were a set number of reps/sets but the measuring aspect was speed and not completeness.

A real workout log app, complete with comparisons of exercises over time, would be neat.
    01-24-2012 09:34 AM
    Deekfit for routines, or Fitlife 620, I prefer Deekfit but own both. Deekfit just works better and is more flexible.
    01-24-2012 11:43 AM
    Back on Android I was looking for a workout app too, to track routines. Unfortunately I didn't find anything that was a "fitness log" type app, at least not one that was easy to use. Wonder if there's one for WP7.

The problem was while a lot of the apps could create routines, they were rigid. As in, this routine is ALWAYS x number of sets and y number of reps at z weight. Well, my workouts varied more than that, or sometimes were a set number of reps/sets but the measuring aspect was speed and not completeness.

A real workout log app, complete with comparisons of exercises over time, would be neat.
    Deekfit does this
    01-24-2012 01:29 PM
    Ok, I have Deekfit installed, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out. I'm not a dumb guy, but for Christ's sake, I just can't figure this app out. You have NO idea how DUMB and STUPID I feel. Most apps, I don't even need a manual, but for some reason, this thing has me stumped. I think there are too many options.
    I JUST want to start the Starting Strength routine and modify it for MY schedule. How hard is that? Obviously too hard for me to figure out.

Yes, laugh all you want. Call me a n00b. Call me a dumba$$. I deserve it. I really cant figure out this one app. Anyone got any tips on how to get started with it? Like I said, I just want to do the Starting Strength routines.

How do others use this???
    01-24-2012 08:49 PM
    Ok, I have Deekfit installed, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out. I'm not a dumb guy, but for Christ's sake, I just can't figure this app out. You have NO idea how DUMB and STUPID I feel. Most apps, I don't even need a manual, but for some reason, this thing has me stumped. I think there are too many options.
    I JUST want to start the Starting Strength routine and modify it for MY schedule. How hard is that? Obviously too hard for me to figure out.

Yes, laugh all you want. Call me a n00b. Call me a dumba$$. I deserve it. I really cant figure out this one app. Anyone got any tips on how to get started with it? Like I said, I just want to do the Starting Strength routines.

How do others use this???
    From Start Screen:
    Tap Deekfit Gym Pro Tile
    Tap Routines
    Swipe right to Default Routines
    Tap Starting Strength
    Look at tray, tap the pencil button (Edit)
    You are now at Edit Routine Page

From this page, rename the routine if you want, redescribe the routine, and change how often your routine repeats (looks like default is every two weeks).

Tap arrow to go to next page
    You can now add / delete exercises
    When done, hit the save button

Your new routine will now be saved on "my routines." You shouldn't have to Swipe right to Default Routines anymore. Any time you want to edit the routine, hit the edit button while you have the routine open.

Hope that helps
    01-24-2012 09:13 PM
    If its not free save your self some money and put Office and Excel. Personally I create workout plans every week on Excel on my computer --> upload to Skydrive --> use WP to modify my workouts at the gym.

I do this for expenses to a great way of utilizing Excel and Office suite on your phone and PC
    01-24-2012 10:31 PM
    If you guys need workout help, I own a training place, and would be more than happy to answer any questions you've got, http://integratefitne411.blogspot.com.
    01-24-2012 11:06 PM
    If you are looking for a good, general health app- take a look at livescape- it's pretty fantastic.
    01-25-2012 01:07 AM
    Thank you everyone for all the great input
    01-26-2012 07:36 PM
    From Start Screen:
    Tap Deekfit Gym Pro Tile
    Tap Routines
    Swipe right to Default Routines
    Tap Starting Strength
    Look at tray, tap the pencil button (Edit)
    You are now at Edit Routine Page

From this page, rename the routine if you want, redescribe the routine, and change how often your routine repeats (looks like default is every two weeks).

Tap arrow to go to next page
    You can now add / delete exercises
    When done, hit the save button

Your new routine will now be saved on "my routines." You shouldn't have to Swipe right to Default Routines anymore. Any time you want to edit the routine, hit the edit button while you have the routine open.

Hope that helps
    Thanks Red! I'll give that a try.

Based, I used to do that with my BB, but inputting data on a spreadsheet isn't the greatest so I kind of got away from that. I'll take a look at that if DeekFit doesn't work out for me.
    01-26-2012 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD