Board Express

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry but this is one of the most poorly developed apps I've seen in a while. Yeah, I use it a lot because it's the only way to browse these forums from my phone, but still, it's awful.

Also, has anyone noticed what an effect this app has on the virtual keyboard? While typing in this app, my accuracy drops at least 50% and I know it's not my fault. Also, if you type too much and the text box scrolls too far down, it will eventually stop scrolling down whole you type, leaving you clueless as to the mistakes you're making on the hindered keyboard. It's also incredibly slow, no animations, etc. Oh look, the text box has stopped scrolling down. Wonderful. Guess my rant is over.

Cheers.

Sent from my Samsung Focus S using Board Express.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
And you forgot to add, that when using Board Express, your battery will drain as if you are streaming video or playing a graphic intense game. Have done lots of testing with this and Board Express will rob 18-20% per hour, while general web browsing is closer to 10-12%/hour. Don't understand why though

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed both of these things... Also, the disappearing keyboard bug seems more aggressive... (I don't have 8107 yet. Got notified, but don't have internet at home.)

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
With all the developers that are on this forum, it's baffling that no one has starting developing an alternative. It would sell like hotcakes.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget WPCentral Forums mobile version isn't too shabby now. :)

Give it a try if you haven't already. (Set IE to mobile version of course) :)

sr!

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Guys, here is a possible solution.

webOS has an excellent tapatalk client for both phones as well as touchPad, both developed by the same guy, he is also active on precentral forums. I think his id is newness developments or something. I haven't used webOS phones, but i do have a touchPad and i actively use his touchPad client called communities. What i can say is, communities is WAYYYYY better than even visiting forums on my PC via web. Its a beautiful interface - you have to use it to believe it. Reach out to him by PM or email. If he sees enough guys wanting (and since webOS is sinking everyday enyway..) he might develop something and trust me, if he does his thing, you wont regret it.

Update: His precentral handle is deCorvett. Not sure if he will consider tho' since he is a webOS homebrew developer as well and a true webOS fanatic. But theres always strength is group voice. you never know.

Last edited:

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I didn't realize that Tapatalk had a free API. Maybe I'll look into it. Don't expect miracles though, I have a day job :)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I did a wpcentral search and found this thread and several others. I'm glad I did not buy "Board Express".

I would love a better app. Until then, I'll just use the full site. I have a fast connection on HSPA+ anyway, and I'll have LTE soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99