Android user tied to Google Voice

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi all!

I hate to bring up a month old thread but I am trying to move from Android to a Lumia 710 and am having difficulty getting goVoice to work properly. I am having text and notification issues. For some reason, when someone sends a text to my google voice number, I sometimes get notified via goVoice but then, sometimes I also get an email and a message in my native messaging app. Text to email is not checked in google voice.

I have tried to contact the developer but haven't been successful yet and thought someone here may be able to offer some direction/solution.

Thanks in advance.

1) Make sure that the "text to mobile" option is turned off to make it so your native messaging app wont get the messages.

2) On a browser, go to the Google Voice settings and make sure that "Notify me of new voicemails via text" is not checked under the "Phone" tab.

3) Under the "Voicemail & Text" tab, make sure that "Forward text messages to my email: " is not checked.

gottago

Dec 5, 2004
Visit site
1) Make sure that the "text to mobile" option is turned off to make it so your native messaging app wont get the messages.

2) On a browser, go to the Google Voice settings and make sure that "Notify me of new voicemails via text" is not checked under the "Phone" tab.

3) Under the "Voicemail & Text" tab, make sure that "Forward text messages to my email: " is not checked.
Sorry I didn't update the post but the developer did get back in touch with me and hooked me up. GoVoice is a wonderful app and is working seamlessly now. I am a very happy camper with WP7 and my Lumia 710. I really do not miss my G2 (Android) at all.

Thanks for your reply.

Gottago:D

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I didn't update the post but the developer did get back in touch with me and hooked me up. GoVoice is a wonderful app and is working seamlessly now. I am a very happy camper with WP7 and my Lumia 710. I really do not miss my G2 (Android) at all.

Thanks for your reply.

Ah, glad to hear that! I really like Google Voice because I don't have a texting plan, and it puts them in a visual list (VVM) and transcribes voicemails so I don't even have to listen to them most of the time. I had a problem with it not playing my voicemails for a time, which was solved by logging out of GoVoice, and logging back in (updating did not solve it).

CoyoteTeacher

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for your reply.

What did the developer do to "hook you up"? Something the rest of us should know?

drusand810

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I just downloaded GoVoice and can't get notifications to work for the life of me

the app gave me an error setting them up and I followed all of the manual directions and still can't get them to work

I just get nothing. Can't really use it without notifications so I guess I'll try to get along with one of the texting apps like text Plus or something.

SolunaKitty

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded GoVoice and can't get notifications to work for the life of me

the app gave me an error setting them up and I followed all of the manual directions and still can't get them to work

I just get nothing. Can't really use it without notifications so I guess I'll try to get along with one of the texting apps like text Plus or something.

What kind of error do you get? Have you tried uninstalling, and then reinstalling the app?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss