02-23-2012 12:53 PM
58 123
tools
    Yep, or search for people for that matter. Not to mention still cannot upload a photo to friend's walls as well as no timeline support
    02-15-2012 03:33 AM
    Frankly I'll tag it "decent" whenever I'm able to "like" a comment inside a post.
    That's a fair point. This thing called Valentines Day prevented me from having a good play around with it.

It's sad they still haven't covered the basics. :( Furthermore, it seems they are presuming people are using the Me tile so the live tile notifications and tagging function are severely lacking or non-existent.
    02-15-2012 03:38 AM
    I think its one of the most brilliant app designs yet... as for the missing functions mentioned. Most users do not care for those things and the look and feel of the news feed is the most important. They will most likely be added soon though, and will be fully functional in apollo if I had to guess. For now the banner images is just awesome to look at while scrolling the news feed.

Thumbs up here, haven't seen a more attractive way to use facebook yet!
    02-15-2012 01:43 PM
    For now the banner images is just awesome to look at while scrolling the news feed.

Nah...I don't need to look at pictures of myself pissed out of my tree while I'm browsing lol
    02-15-2012 02:57 PM
    Well I'm not going to complain about missing this feature or that one. I'm just glad they finally got around to updating the damn thing in the first place.
    02-15-2012 02:58 PM
    I think its one of the most brilliant app designs yet... as for the missing functions mentioned. Most users do not care for those things and the look and feel of the news feed is the most important. They will most likely be added soon though, and will be fully functional in apollo if I had to guess. For now the banner images is just awesome to look at while scrolling the news feed.

Thumbs up here, haven't seen a more attractive way to use facebook yet!
    Negative Ghostrider.

Features like "liking" an individual post, uploading photos to friend's walls, checking in with friends, among a host of other features are indeed important to most who use Facebook. If it does not support the features people who use Facebook want, then it does not matter how pretty you think it is. Personally I think it looks outdated since it does not support Timeline.

Also there is no reason to have to wait for "Apollo" to get these needed features that are missing. I am tired of hearing "Once Apollo releases all WP worries will be gone." I heard the same bupkis about Mango. You never hear people with iPhones saying iOS 6 will be the one! Facebook can make their app work with all those features on Droid and iOS, they can do it now for WP, no need to wait for the next OS release.
    02-15-2012 04:23 PM
    Facebook didn't create this app. It was done by a 3rd party consulting firm.
    02-15-2012 05:04 PM
    :P3 years, even. Looks a lot better though. I want the ability to tag people when I check in. I don't care if they add it to the native integration or the app. But why would I check in when I am out with others if I can't tag them (then I just look like a jerk). =)
    I'm going to blo your mind here. But you can and have been for a LONG TIME been able to check in friends in the Facebook app. After you check in click edit check in and then add friends.

What is really messed up and I'd like other to test is events seems totally broken. I can't view any upcoming events and I can't see friends birthdays.
    02-15-2012 07:03 PM
    Maybe I'm missing something but where did events go in the app? Also, need the events to see all the birthdays.
    02-15-2012 07:25 PM
    Maybe I'm missing something but where did events go in the app? Also, need the events to see all the birthdays.
    Your not missing it. They broke it/forgot about it. Totally pissed off the wife. Will someone with some clout find out what happened?
    02-15-2012 08:14 PM
    The only feature I want is a direct link from a toast notification to the actual post. If I get a toast saying Batman commented, I want to go straight to that post. Or at the very least take me straight to notifications window.
    02-15-2012 08:21 PM
    Events is there, just takes more steps. On your News Feed, tap the three dots, then "filter", then "events."

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    02-15-2012 08:24 PM
    Events is there, just takes more steps. On your News Feed, tap the three dots, then "filter", then "events."

Doesn't work. No birthdays. No information on upcoming events even though I have some. Just blank.
    02-15-2012 08:25 PM
    Doesn't work. No birthdays. No information on upcoming events even though I have some. Just blank.
    Thanks for checking. Mine is blank as well, but I thought it was because I had no upcoming events. Didn't confirm by looking at the browser.

Perhaps we discovered a serious bug, here?

02-15-2012 08:30 PM
    Thanks for checking. Mine is blank as well, but I thought it was because I had no upcoming events. Didn't confirm by looking at the browser.

Perhaps we discovered a serious bug, here?

I'm certain we have.
    02-15-2012 08:32 PM
    I've contacted Ben Rudolph, windows phone, etc on twitter no response. I also emailed the app creators on Facebook. Please do the same until we get some response.
    02-15-2012 08:39 PM
    Hmm... i haven't used the facebook app in so long, I enjoy the integrated features the phone has for facebook. I'll still check it out later today though ;)
    I'll try checking it out too!
    Last edited by TheWeeBear; 02-19-2012 at 02:48 AM.
    02-15-2012 10:06 PM
    I'm in two minds about this. The app is definitely an improvement on the previous version but I still think just going to either m.facebook.com or even iphone.facebook.com in the browser is better.
    02-16-2012 03:26 AM
    the app is good but i still prefer m.facebook.com
    02-16-2012 05:44 AM
    Still no landscape keyboard. . .
    mistato likes this.
    02-16-2012 05:46 AM
    It's a damn shame the Inbox tile (after you've pinned it) isn't live....
    02-18-2012 03:29 PM
    Live tile doesn't seem to be working for me. I get notifications in my Me tile, but nothing from the actual Facebook app. Oh well. I guess as long as I'm getting them from somewhere. lol
    02-18-2012 03:48 PM
    Your post got me thinking, Matthew.... so I checked and, yes, there was an option to turn on notifications.

Might be worth checking, also. :)
    02-18-2012 03:52 PM
    I haven't recieved any toasts or anything on the live tile here at all since I Installed the new update Matthew Mazzenga.

They worked fine previously. Everything is ticked for toasts and tile count. :dry
    02-18-2012 03:52 PM
    Same here. All the settings for toasts and tile count are correct. And I didn't have this problem before the update. Its really not a big deal though. I have my ME tile pinned anyway for other purposes so I still get my notifications from there.
    02-18-2012 05:22 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD