Facebook App Update

ilsonfan

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Facebook have announced that the WP app is getting an update today :) The announcement reads:

We have been listening to your feedback. I am pleased to announce that we will be releasing a new version of Facebook for Windows Phone to marketplace today.

Test out your groups. Visit your pages. Look at who likes your posts. Change the banner image. Check out the improved news feed performance. Use the new filters. Explore the improved navigation.

Focus areas for the v2.3 release:

? News feed performance improvements
? New panorama design.
? New profile design.
? Banner Images.
? Improved navigation.
? Pages
? Groups
? View ?likes?.
? Feed filters.
? Posting privacy
? Bug fixing

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Hmm... i haven't used the facebook app in so long, I enjoy the integrated features the phone has for facebook. I'll still check it out later today though ;)

M

mkr10001

It's better. I will say though:

Messaging needs improving, when I go to my "conversations" it shows my name if I was the last person to send a message. I suppose because technically the last message there is from me, but it needs to show the recipients. It also needs to be real time, or slightly out. My mate sent me a message so I checked on there and it wasn't telling me there was a message.

Still needs work but it's definitely an improvement, might start using that instead of the mobile site

Judge_Daniel

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm liking it so far. I usually don't use Facebook on my phone outside of groups, but it is nice to see I have more options. Now, if we could just "like" comments. That was the first thing I tried and it didn't work. :\

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah what would you like instead? Text notifications of who has done what to you?

Similar to the ME tile you know it can flip and tell you any recent activity like Jane Smith wrote on your wall, Doug sent you a message, Alex liked your comment.

Be more informative more information the better. Do you agree?

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I really like it! I've deleted it on my BB already. Filters seem to be working.
Although, having this app takes away from some of the "coolness" factors of the WP platform integration into the phone itself. That's still there, but now that there is an actual APP, seems to make it like everyone else.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I like it a loooooot. Banner images should just use your Timeline though, it's filled for me with ugly photos and meme faces lol.

sbono13

Oct 10, 2003
www.pyslent.com
banner images

I like it a loooooot. Banner images should just use your Timeline though, it's filled for me with ugly photos and meme faces lol.

I agree. It seems to me that the banner images are only pulling from "Photos of you," correct? I'd much rather it use random photos from my own albums. I haven't seen my own pictures in the banner at all.

The layout looks gorgeous though.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Really great update. I would like to see the notification count on the live tile be more like the native live tiles (email, messaging, etc). That little red circle with the number in it is too much like iOS.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Really great update. I would like to see the notification count on the live tile be more like the native live tiles (email, messaging, etc). That little red circle with the number in it is too much like iOS.
Yes that looks so out of place. Have to agree jmerrey. :dry

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
...Now, if we could just "like" comments. That was the first thing I tried and it didn't work. :\
First thing I tried, too! Disappointed for STILL not having that feature. Also, 1/4 of news feed view space is wasted because of the banner. Boo! You had two ways to display the news feed on the previous version and one of them gave you more viewing space. Not anymore :'(

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12