Facebook App Update

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
:p3 years, even. Looks a lot better though. I want the ability to tag people when I check in. I don't care if they add it to the native integration or the app. But why would I check in when I am out with others if I can't tag them (then I just look like a jerk). =)

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Frankly I'll tag it "decent" whenever I'm able to "like" a comment inside a post.

That's a fair point. This thing called Valentines Day prevented me from having a good play around with it.

It's sad they still haven't covered the basics. :( Furthermore, it seems they are presuming people are using the Me tile so the live tile notifications and tagging function are severely lacking or non-existent.

Neibl

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I think its one of the most brilliant app designs yet... as for the missing functions mentioned. Most users do not care for those things and the look and feel of the news feed is the most important. They will most likely be added soon though, and will be fully functional in apollo if I had to guess. For now the banner images is just awesome to look at while scrolling the news feed.

Thumbs up here, haven't seen a more attractive way to use facebook yet!

caliborn

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Well I'm not going to complain about missing this feature or that one. I'm just glad they finally got around to updating the damn thing in the first place.

Kahuna Cowboy

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I think its one of the most brilliant app designs yet... as for the missing functions mentioned. Most users do not care for those things and the look and feel of the news feed is the most important. They will most likely be added soon though, and will be fully functional in apollo if I had to guess. For now the banner images is just awesome to look at while scrolling the news feed.

Thumbs up here, haven't seen a more attractive way to use facebook yet!

Negative Ghostrider.

Features like "liking" an individual post, uploading photos to friend's walls, checking in with friends, among a host of other features are indeed important to most who use Facebook. If it does not support the features people who use Facebook want, then it does not matter how pretty you think it is. Personally I think it looks outdated since it does not support Timeline.

Also there is no reason to have to wait for "Apollo" to get these needed features that are missing. I am tired of hearing "Once Apollo releases all WP worries will be gone." I heard the same bupkis about Mango. You never hear people with iPhones saying iOS 6 will be the one! Facebook can make their app work with all those features on Droid and iOS, they can do it now for WP, no need to wait for the next OS release.

hwalker84

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
:p3 years, even. Looks a lot better though. I want the ability to tag people when I check in. I don't care if they add it to the native integration or the app. But why would I check in when I am out with others if I can't tag them (then I just look like a jerk). =)

I'm going to blo your mind here. But you can and have been for a LONG TIME been able to check in friends in the Facebook app. After you check in click edit check in and then add friends.

What is really messed up and I'd like other to test is events seems totally broken. I can't view any upcoming events and I can't see friends birthdays.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
The only feature I want is a direct link from a toast notification to the actual post. If I get a toast saying Batman commented, I want to go straight to that post. Or at the very least take me straight to notifications window.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I'm missing something but where did events go in the app? Also, need the events to see all the birthdays.
Events is there, just takes more steps. On your News Feed, tap the three dots, then "filter", then "events."

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't work. No birthdays. No information on upcoming events even though I have some. Just blank.
Thanks for checking. Mine is blank as well, but I thought it was because I had no upcoming events. Didn't confirm by looking at the browser.

Perhaps we discovered a serious bug, here?

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99