Facebook App Update

hwalker84

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I've contacted Ben Rudolph, windows phone, etc on twitter no response. I also emailed the app creators on Facebook. Please do the same until we get some response.

ilsonfan

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm in two minds about this. The app is definitely an improvement on the previous version but I still think just going to either m.facebook.com or even iphone.facebook.com in the browser is better.

Matthew Mazzenga

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Live tile doesn't seem to be working for me. I get notifications in my Me tile, but nothing from the actual Facebook app. Oh well. I guess as long as I'm getting them from somewhere. lol

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Your post got me thinking, Matthew.... so I checked and, yes, there was an option to turn on notifications.

Might be worth checking, also. :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I haven't recieved any toasts or anything on the live tile here at all since I Installed the new update Matthew Mazzenga.

They worked fine previously. Everything is ticked for toasts and tile count. :dry

Matthew Mazzenga

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Same here. All the settings for toasts and tile count are correct. And I didn't have this problem before the update. Its really not a big deal though. I have my ME tile pinned anyway for other purposes so I still get my notifications from there.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes same here, but it's a bit silly if the app update broke the notifications. :straight:

Is anyone's updated Facebook App notifications working as they should be ?

dunder911

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Mine is showing notifications and toasts but the number counter in the corner takes forever to go away. Not reliable.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes same here, but it's a bit silly if the app update broke the notifications. :straight:

Is anyone's updated Facebook App notifications working as they should be ?
I get the little red number on the live tile, but usually the # is off. I'm just glad to be getting SOME sort of notice.

mistato

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
iphone.facebook.com

Hey thanks for mentioning iphone.facebook.com!!! Offers a lot more options and I like the way it funtions pretty well.:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon