08-09-2013 03:25 PM
54 123
tools
    So it doesn't support my MLB premium account so no live video, doesn't have the gameday animations and can't play audio under the lock screen. Why the **** would they expect this app to sell for 15 dollars when there are plenty of free apps out there where I can get score updates. The MLB is really starting to **** me off with their greed.
    04-06-2012 07:35 PM
    That why I didn't even bother with it. I just downloaded MLB Pro 12 and called it a day....
    I just downloaded that one too. Doesn't look half bad.
    04-06-2012 08:18 PM
    So it doesn't support my MLB premium account so no live video, doesn't have the gameday animations and can't play audio under the lock screen. Why the **** would they expect this app to sell for 15 dollars when there are plenty of free apps out there where I can get score updates. The MLB is really starting to **** me off with their greed.
    I should clarify the gameday animations thing.

It has the old style (sorry, don't know if there's a way to do screencaps in WP7?):

Android, on the other hand, has the newer and more informative style (clearly this is on a tablet, but same general idea for the phone version I'm sure):

Edit: *%@! I'm stupid. Apparently there is an options menu that I missed earlier today that enables run under lock screen and enable background audio. Sorry for the misinformation everyone.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 04-06-2012 at 08:48 PM.
    ZombieBacchus likes this.
    04-06-2012 08:35 PM
    You know, I could deal with most of that as I'm not really into the gameday animations or have a premium account. But the fact that it doesn't play audio underneath the lock screen is the straw that breaks the camel back. Looks like I'll be waiting for an updated version :/
    See my update above, sorry for the misinformation. In my defense, when you pin a tile (doesn't update, just jumps to your favorite team), you can't see the options without going to the main screen of the app. :D
    Erikku likes this.
    04-06-2012 08:49 PM
    I feel sorry for you MLB premium subscribers. That just sucks that ios and android users get the app free, but you have to pay. Of course, MLB's blackout rules pretty much means I'll never subscribe to their premium service.

I'll most likely get the app, though to listen to the games.
    04-06-2012 09:31 PM
    I'm over the fact that they refuse to provide video support for WP since the market share just isn't there right now. That's somewhat understandable. But i just can't get past the fact that we premium users are getting screwed out of $15 more just because of the type of phone we use... I've tried contacting MLB just about every way you can to voice my opinion, but they just don't care. We're second-class citizens to them.
    04-07-2012 07:40 AM
    See my update above, sorry for the misinformation. In my defense, when you pin a tile (doesn't update, just jumps to your favorite team), you can't see the options without going to the main screen of the app. :D
    Ah, that makes sense. Don't worry about it; you're a brave soul downloading a $15 app and reporting the results back to us. I just downloaded it and it's pretty much what I expected and need.

Still, the enhanced gameday animations would be nice. I also feel bad for premium subscribers, but luckily that has no affect on me.
    04-07-2012 11:29 AM
    I just read over the details of the app, and I really can't see what makes it worth $15. I'd check it out if there was a trial, but there's not. What exactly does it offer that you can't get for free from, say, the MLB Pro '12 app?
    04-07-2012 12:42 PM
    I just read over the details of the app, and I really can't see what makes it worth $15. I'd check it out if there was a trial, but there's not. What exactly does it offer that you can't get for free from, say, the MLB Pro '12 app?
    Live radio broadcasts.
    04-07-2012 12:53 PM
    I just got off the phone with customer service and they stated the applicaiton in the marketplace isn't the same one that is offered for the other devices that are supported. I sent an email to the following address:
    mlbexecutiverelations@website.mlb.com

To Whom It May Concern:

I purchased your mlb.tv premium subscription about 4 weeks ago. At
    the time I purchased the subscription, it stated that the application
    (At Bat 12) for Windows Phone 7 would be available opening day, and
    would be included in the price of the subscription. Opening day has
    come and gone and there is still no press release, in fact you have
    changed your website from coming soon to state that Windows Phone 7 is
    not supported?:
    Watch Live Baseball Online, Stream MLB Games with MLB.TV | MLB.com: Subscriptions

When I purchased the subscription, it was stated that the At Bat 12
    app would be free for mlb.tv premium subscribers. I have checked in the the
    Windows Marketplace at the following address and found that there is
    an at bat 12 application that is currently $14.99:
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/ap...e-b292cc9e364d

I called customer service and they stated there is nothing they could do. In
    fact, they told me that supported devices are subject to change at any
    time. This is DECEPTIVE advertising and I am a very dissatisfied
    customer.

Now I am forced to pay $14.99 for an application that was supposed to
    be for free. I would request that my account be credited for $14.99
    to allow me the opportunity to have an application that was stated to
    be free when I purchased the subscription.

Sincerely,

I was aslo told the application in the marketplace is not the same application that is being offered for the other devices (ie. no live games, only audio). This is totally discouraging. If I ran my company like they do, I'd be out of business.... I guess we have to hope we get an app that is comparible to the others.

Bill
    gtbuzz likes this.
    04-07-2012 04:30 PM
    I just got off the phone with customer service and they stated the applicaiton in the marketplace isn't the same one that is offered for the other devices that are supported. I sent an email to the following address:

To Whom It May Concern:

not supported?:
    Watch Live Baseball Online, Stream MLB Games with MLB.TV | MLB.com: Subscriptions

customer.

Sincerely,

I was aslo told the application in the marketplace is not the same application that is being offered for the other devices (ie. no live games, only audio). This is totally discouraging. If I ran my company like they do, I'd be out of business.... I guess we have to hope we get an app that is comparible to the others.

Bill
    I was just coming to this thread to recommend other people do the same thing but looks like you beat me to it. I sent the email to MLB executive relations as well as filled out the form at Contact Us | MLB.com: Help. I really urge other people to do the same.

In my email I stated that I would like to purchase an MLB.tv subscription and I even have an Android tablet, but refuse to because of their lackluster WP support. They need to know why they're not getting my money. It's complete BS that we're still being charged $15 for a crummier version of the app that other people get for free.
    04-07-2012 04:58 PM

To Whom It May Concern:

not supported?:

customer.

Sincerely,

Bill
    I'd be interested to hear when/if you receive a response from them; I wrote a similar e-mail myself. Keep us updated, and I'll do the same.
    04-08-2012 06:49 AM
    hey guys, new to wp7 and was really excited to get at bat 2012, but it's a joke that we have to pay $15 for an app that has comes with less features than the other platforms.

going to write mlb an email, too. thanks for the link.
    04-08-2012 10:46 PM
    Thanks for the great thread, guys. As a multi-year subscriber to MLB.tv, I can say that they are awful every year getting things working until about May. The only reason I continue to subscribe this year is because they said I could get At Bat for free with live video on my WP7 phone. Grumble.

Anyway, I'm still considering getting the app, but have some questions that I was wondering if anybody knew the answer to.

1) After paying $15 for the app, do I get everything like radio and Gameday for free? Or do I have to pay extra for those like on the iPhone without a Premium account?

2) I'm thinking of getting this app on my WP7 phone, as well as on my iPod (wifi only, so can really only use it at home), as well as on my Xbox 360. If I connect my Premium account to the app on the iPod say, will it let me connect it to the Xbox, too? I had it in my mind that it was like one device per subscription.

I guess that's it. Thanks all.
    04-09-2012 12:44 AM
    Hey Shalgrim, I believe you do get those included in the $15 app, but the gameday has old graphics. The radio broadcasts work (and run under the lockscreen once you adjust the settings).

Don't quote me on #2, but I think once you pay the $125 you get unlimited devices. I have mine working on my 360 now but haven't gone the mobile route yet. I have an old iphone 3GS that I'll use to download the app if they don't fix the wp7 situation. I don't understand why they don't just have a lite App that allows you to "login with your mlb.com account." Makes no sense to not give premium subscribers the option.

edit: also, I tweeted at the MLBTV twitter account about this and would recommend everyone else does to make some noise. sometimes twitter is the best route to get customer service!
    04-09-2012 11:34 AM
    Hey Shalgrim, I believe you do get those included in the $15 app, but the gameday has old graphics. The radio broadcasts work (and run under the lockscreen once you adjust the settings).

Don't quote me on #2, but I think once you pay the $125 you get unlimited devices. I have mine working on my 360 now but haven't gone the mobile route yet. I have an old iphone 3GS that I'll use to download the app if they don't fix the wp7 situation. I don't understand why they don't just have a lite App that allows you to "login with your mlb.com account." Makes no sense to not give premium subscribers the option.

edit: also, I tweeted at the MLBTV twitter account about this and would recommend everyone else does to make some noise. sometimes twitter is the best route to get customer service!
    in regards to number 2, I believe you can set it up with as many devices as you want, but you can only watch from one location at a time. Meaning of you're out and want to use it on an iPhone, you can't have it on at home with your Xbox or computer. You also can only have it on two devices for one location, so you can have it on the Xbox and iPhone while at home, but not the computer. Does that make sense? I suck at explaining things sometimes. Lol
    04-09-2012 06:19 PM
    in regards to number 2, I believe you can set it up with as many devices as you want, but you can only watch from one location at a time. Meaning of you're out and want to use it on an iPhone, you can't have it on at home with your Xbox or computer. You also can only have it on two devices for one location, so you can have it on the Xbox and iPhone while at home, but not the computer. Does that make sense? I suck at explaining things sometimes. Lol
    You can have your MLB.tv account streaming to up to 5 IPs before they get pissy. My dad and I have split the cost of a MLB.tv account for years. He's in PA and I'm in CA--they haven't cared yet.
    TheJoester09 likes this.
    04-10-2012 11:43 PM
    You can have your MLB.tv account streaming to up to 5 IPs before they get pissy. My dad and I have split the cost of a MLB.tv account for years. He's in PA and I'm in CA--they haven't cared yet.
    Oh really? I was just relaying what I had read on their support forums. Thanks for the info!
    04-11-2012 10:06 AM
    I'd be interested to hear when/if you receive a response from them; I wrote a similar e-mail myself. Keep us updated, and I'll do the same.
    Has anyone received a response from MLB yet? I sent an email on Monday to customerservice@website.mlb.com and mlbexecutiverelations@website.mlb.com asking why the Windows Phone app is a watered down version, why the Windows Phone app is not included in the price of MLB.tv premium, and why neither of these things were made clear before I paid $125 for the MLB.tv subscription. And I have not yet received a response.
    04-11-2012 11:27 AM
    Has anyone received a response from MLB yet? I sent an email on Monday to customerservice@website.mlb.com and mlbexecutiverelations@website.mlb.com asking why the Windows Phone app is a watered down version, why the Windows Phone app is not included in the price of MLB.tv premium, and why neither of these things were made clear before I paid $125 for the MLB.tv subscription. And I have not yet received a response.
    I actually just received a response (my original e-mail was written late Sunday night):

"Thank you for taking the time to write.

The AtBat 12 subscription that you have on the premium package is accessible from other Mobile devices but not on your Windows Mobile 7.
    In regard to your refund request, you need to contact your phone carrier support.

If you have any further questions, please contact MLB.com Mobile Customer Support at 1-866-306-5311.

Sincerely,
    MLB.com Customer Support"

I wrote in again to tell them that suggesting that my phone carrier has anything to do with their mess is ridiculous, and an insult to my intelligence. I also told them that they're either going to refund me $15 so that I can get the app, or they're going to refund me $125 and say goodbye to my business forever. I'm so sick of consumers getting kicked around like this with no consequences for these shady business practices. A lot of the members on the mlb.com support forums seem to be filing complaints with the Federal Trade Commission. I may go that route myself once if MLB doesn't pull their heads out of their asses.
    soxoh4 likes this.
    04-11-2012 05:34 PM
    Hey, I just downloaded the MLB At-Bat app (used the $25 gift card I got from Microsoft for buying a Windows Phone during the last 2 months of 2011), and I don't see any options for "checking in" at games. Is that functionality available in the Windows Phone version of MLB At Bat?

I know on Android OS and iOS there is a dedicated, free app for "At the Ballpark" that is separate from the "At Bat" app, unlike 2011 (when it was built into the "At Bat" app). There is no "At the Ballpark" app on Windows Phone. On the other hand, it appears iOS has the "At the Ballpark" functionality built into the paid "At Bat" 2012 app. (I had a $15 iTunes gift card I received for Christmas that I used to buy the app on iOS. I generally don't like buying paid apps on any mobile OS platform, but with free gift cards, I figured what the heck.)
    04-14-2012 09:33 AM
    Gotta say, as a future (if VZW gets its act together) WP7 buyer this situation is really discouraging. At Bat is awesome on Android and iOS.
    04-14-2012 06:29 PM
    My problem with at bat is the volume. It's too low. It's great with TuneinRadio and music player etc but too quite. Even with I listen with headphones it's pretty quite. Audible, but not loud enough by a long way. Any fixes for this?
    04-15-2012 07:52 PM
    I have had MLB.TV premium for years and have used my Touchpad (with CM9) and ipod touch with this years At Bat app since it is included for free with those platforms. It is extremely disappointing that MLB did this to WP users. I for one and not going to purchase this one. I could just go to my teams website to see news and gameday.
    04-19-2012 02:48 PM
    My problem with at bat is the volume. It's too low. It's great with TuneinRadio and music player etc but too quite. Even with I listen with headphones it's pretty quite. Audible, but not loud enough by a long way. Any fixes for this?
    At bat had an update today and the audio seemed louder when I just tried it. Seems like they may have fixed it.

UPDATE: Maybe it isn't any louder. Oh well...
    Last edited by jinfluence; 04-21-2012 at 06:44 PM.
    04-21-2012 01:09 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD