MLB At Bat 12

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey Shalgrim, I believe you do get those included in the $15 app, but the gameday has old graphics. The radio broadcasts work (and run under the lockscreen once you adjust the settings).

Don't quote me on #2, but I think once you pay the $125 you get unlimited devices. I have mine working on my 360 now but haven't gone the mobile route yet. I have an old iphone 3GS that I'll use to download the app if they don't fix the wp7 situation. I don't understand why they don't just have a lite App that allows you to "login with your mlb.com account." Makes no sense to not give premium subscribers the option.

edit: also, I tweeted at the MLBTV twitter account about this and would recommend everyone else does to make some noise. sometimes twitter is the best route to get customer service!

in regards to number 2, I believe you can set it up with as many devices as you want, but you can only watch from one location at a time. Meaning of you're out and want to use it on an iPhone, you can't have it on at home with your Xbox or computer. You also can only have it on two devices for one location, so you can have it on the Xbox and iPhone while at home, but not the computer. Does that make sense? I suck at explaining things sometimes. Lol

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
in regards to number 2, I believe you can set it up with as many devices as you want, but you can only watch from one location at a time. Meaning of you're out and want to use it on an iPhone, you can't have it on at home with your Xbox or computer. You also can only have it on two devices for one location, so you can have it on the Xbox and iPhone while at home, but not the computer. Does that make sense? I suck at explaining things sometimes. Lol

You can have your MLB.tv account streaming to up to 5 IPs before they get pissy. My dad and I have split the cost of a MLB.tv account for years. He's in PA and I'm in CA--they haven't cared yet.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
You can have your MLB.tv account streaming to up to 5 IPs before they get pissy. My dad and I have split the cost of a MLB.tv account for years. He's in PA and I'm in CA--they haven't cared yet.

Oh really? I was just relaying what I had read on their support forums. Thanks for the info!

Potus415

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'd be interested to hear when/if you receive a response from them; I wrote a similar e-mail myself. Keep us updated, and I'll do the same.

Has anyone received a response from MLB yet? I sent an email on Monday to customerservice@website.mlb.com and mlbexecutiverelations@website.mlb.com asking why the Windows Phone app is a watered down version, why the Windows Phone app is not included in the price of MLB.tv premium, and why neither of these things were made clear before I paid $125 for the MLB.tv subscription. And I have not yet received a response.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone received a response from MLB yet? I sent an email on Monday to customerservice@website.mlb.com and mlbexecutiverelations@website.mlb.com asking why the Windows Phone app is a watered down version, why the Windows Phone app is not included in the price of MLB.tv premium, and why neither of these things were made clear before I paid $125 for the MLB.tv subscription. And I have not yet received a response.

I actually just received a response (my original e-mail was written late Sunday night):

"Thank you for taking the time to write.

The AtBat 12 subscription that you have on the premium package is accessible from other Mobile devices but not on your Windows Mobile 7.
In regard to your refund request, you need to contact your phone carrier support.

If you have any further questions, please contact MLB.com Mobile Customer Support at 1-866-306-5311.

Sincerely,
MLB.com Customer Support"

I wrote in again to tell them that suggesting that my phone carrier has anything to do with their mess is ridiculous, and an insult to my intelligence. I also told them that they're either going to refund me $15 so that I can get the app, or they're going to refund me $125 and say goodbye to my business forever. I'm so sick of consumers getting kicked around like this with no consequences for these shady business practices. A lot of the members on the mlb.com support forums seem to be filing complaints with the Federal Trade Commission. I may go that route myself once if MLB doesn't pull their heads out of their asses.

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I just downloaded the MLB At-Bat app (used the $25 gift card I got from Microsoft for buying a Windows Phone during the last 2 months of 2011), and I don't see any options for "checking in" at games. Is that functionality available in the Windows Phone version of MLB At Bat?

I know on Android OS and iOS there is a dedicated, free app for "At the Ballpark" that is separate from the "At Bat" app, unlike 2011 (when it was built into the "At Bat" app). There is no "At the Ballpark" app on Windows Phone. On the other hand, it appears iOS has the "At the Ballpark" functionality built into the paid "At Bat" 2012 app. (I had a $15 iTunes gift card I received for Christmas that I used to buy the app on iOS. I generally don't like buying paid apps on any mobile OS platform, but with free gift cards, I figured what the heck.)

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Gotta say, as a future (if VZW gets its act together) WP7 buyer this situation is really discouraging. At Bat is awesome on Android and iOS.

soxoh4

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
My problem with at bat is the volume. It's too low. It's great with TuneinRadio and music player etc but too quite. Even with I listen with headphones it's pretty quite. Audible, but not loud enough by a long way. Any fixes for this?

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I have had MLB.TV premium for years and have used my Touchpad (with CM9) and ipod touch with this years At Bat app since it is included for free with those platforms. It is extremely disappointing that MLB did this to WP users. I for one and not going to purchase this one. I could just go to my teams website to see news and gameday.

jinfluence

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
My problem with at bat is the volume. It's too low. It's great with TuneinRadio and music player etc but too quite. Even with I listen with headphones it's pretty quite. Audible, but not loud enough by a long way. Any fixes for this?

At bat had an update today and the audio seemed louder when I just tried it. Seems like they may have fixed it.

UPDATE: Maybe it isn't any louder. Oh well...

Last edited:

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
At bat had an update today and the audio seemed louder when I just tried it. Seems like they may have fixed it.

UPDATE: Maybe it isn't any louder. Oh well...
They didn't fix the volume? Kinda disappointing. Does anyone know what the update actually did?

Also, I read a review that said the low volume only happens when you enable background audio. Anyone know if this is true? I can't test right now since there are no 1:00 games in the east today.

CyberExorcist

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I just received a phone call from MLB. They are going to refund the purchase price of the At Bat 12 application to my account. Hopefully they are calling those of us who complained about having to pay for something that was supposed to be included in the price of the MLB.TV premium package.

Please let us know if you get called. I just received my call at 8:34 EST 5/8/12.

Thanks,
Bill

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss