The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
08-09-2013 03:25 PM
54 123
tools
    I read a press release that it is being released today on iPhone/iPad and Andriod markets. Does anybody have any information on the schedule for a WP Marketplace release. I used MLB At Bat 11 last year and it was mostly a watered down version of the iPhone/Android version. It would great if this year we got the same version (live games).

Thanks.
    02-29-2012 11:24 AM
    On the bottom of their page, it states "Coming Opening Day"

This is great news. I'll probably download it on my iOS devices tonight and then WP when it gets released. I'm wondering if they are referring to pre-season or that actual season. More than likely, the actual season, which is great.

MLB.com At Bat 12 | MLB.com: Mobile
    02-29-2012 11:54 AM
    So, Opening Day tomorrow (disregard that whole Japanese series), and nothing yet. Anyone thinking this actually isn't coming in time?
    04-03-2012 10:58 PM
    I have it on my Galaxy SII. I really like it, but it was expensive. I paid $14.99 for it.
    04-03-2012 11:23 PM
    I have it on my Galaxy SII. I really like it, but it was expensive. I paid $14.99 for it.
    Yeah, the Android version and iPhone versions have been available for a while, but I'm talking about the WP7 version which just says 'coming opening day' on the MLB page.

MLB.com At Bat 12 | MLB.com: Mobile
    04-04-2012 08:24 AM
    First pitch is in 3.5 hours, no app yet.
    04-04-2012 02:49 PM
    I'm excited for this app. Really hoping for it to be up and running by the time Mets vs Braves 1pm start tomorrow. Love the thought of being able to watch a live game on my phone while at work. Anybody have last year's version and if so was it functional/dependable?
    04-04-2012 05:25 PM
    I'm excited for this app. Really hoping for it to be up and running by the time Mets vs Braves 1pm start tomorrow. Love the thought of being able to watch a live game on my phone while at work. Anybody have last year's version and if so was it functional/dependable?
    Sigh. Still no app. Really disappointed. I would have signed up for the premium service by now if the WP7 version were also available (assuming you get it free like with the other platforms).

Go Braves!
    04-05-2012 07:33 AM
    Today is supposedly opening day... go #Yankees!
    04-05-2012 09:25 AM
    According to the mlb.com forums, yesterday was "Opening Night" and today is "Opening Day" which is when we should be expecting the app. I feel like it will be available a little bit later today, but I won't be surprised at all if it isn't.

Also, the moderator on that forum told me that the WP app will NOT be free with mlb.tv premium, which is a big reason why I went with premium in the first place...every time I ask why my $125 isn't as valuable as an iPhone or Android user's $125, my posts get deleted. I'm crossing my fingers that that moderator was just misinformed, or MLB will be losing my subscription...
    04-05-2012 09:31 AM
    This is really unfortunate. This is the kind of thing that tarnishes WP7's image, especially to new subscribers. I can't think of a valid reason why it has been released on every major smartphone platform, yet we are sitting here blindly waiting. As someone that is on my second Windows Phone, I can deal with it. But if I was on the fence, this is the kind of thing that would cause me to jump ship to a platform who's app ecosystem is reliable.

Oh, yeah. Go Cubs.
    04-05-2012 02:58 PM
    I'm honestly Suprised that Windows Phone 7 hasn't got their app yet. Disregarding the whole its not ios/Android deal, The Xbox just got MLB at Bat last week so it would be common sense to expect the mobile app to ready as well.
    04-05-2012 03:18 PM
    4:42 PM

Reply to 13585.11

ForumAdmin

ForumAdmin Posted by host

It will be available later today. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
    04-05-2012 03:51 PM
    It will be available later today. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
    So much for that. Annoying that they can't have it ready when they had a version last year and have had months and months to update it.
    04-06-2012 08:47 AM
    I still dont see the app as of 12:00 PM EST. Was hoping to have it before the Yanks play this afternoon.

I will be quite annoyed if they charge for it. It should be free like the other OS versions since I purchased the MLB.tv premium subscription. The app was free on my Xbox. Come on MLB, please dont bleed your loyal customers dry.
    04-06-2012 11:09 AM
    I still dont see the app as of 12:00 PM EST. Was hoping to have it before the Yanks play this afternoon.

I will be quite annoyed if they charge for it. It should be free like the other OS versions since I purchased the MLB.tv premium subscription. The app was free on my Xbox. Come on MLB, please dont bleed your loyal customers dry.
    I just noticed a disclaimer on their page:

"MLB.TV Premium is not available on Windows Phone 7 or Blackberry."

The forum administrator says we won't get the app for free because our versions don't support MLB.TV. What sense does it make to charge us for the app because we have LESS features??? I've about had it with MLB.
    04-06-2012 12:14 PM
    That why I didn't even bother with it. I just downloaded MLB Pro 12 and called it a day....
    04-06-2012 12:28 PM
    I just noticed a disclaimer on their page:

"MLB.TV Premium is not available on Windows Phone 7 or Blackberry."

The forum administrator says we won't get the app for free because our versions don't support MLB.TV. What sense does it make to charge us for the app because we have LESS features??? I've about had it with MLB.
    That is really annoying. MS needs to really do everything they can to get these high profile apps on the same level as their iOS and Android counterparts. They cant continue to release inferior apps that cost more money. I am certain this has more to do with MLB because they love to nickel and dime but MS should have thrown some money at this app.
    04-06-2012 12:30 PM
    You know, in all honesty we can't keep blaming Microsoft for what these developers are doing with their apps. Yes it is their OS but as far as app features we have to go back to the devs on this.
    04-06-2012 01:39 PM
    Mod on the support forum said app has been submitted to MSFT but they don't know when it'll be published
    04-06-2012 02:02 PM
    I just downloaded it. Very angry that it cost $15 even though I have a premium MLB account. App looks real nice but doesn't have live video.
    shalgrim likes this.
    04-06-2012 03:45 PM
    I don't understand, it's not out yet. I don't see it in the marketplace
    04-06-2012 04:00 PM
    Search for At Bat 12 and you should find it.

It's pretty crappy though. Not only does it not support Premium accounts like other platforms, but it doesn't have the 3D gameday animations, or live video.

Edit: missed the options menu which lets you enable run under lock screen and background audio. Sorry everyone.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 04-06-2012 at 08:50 PM.
    shalgrim likes this.
    04-06-2012 05:05 PM
    So this is a no-buy it looks like.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/ap...e-b292cc9e364d
    shalgrim likes this.
    04-06-2012 05:11 PM
    Search for At Bat 12 and you should find it.

It's pretty crappy though. Not only does it not support Premium accounts like other platforms, but it doesn't have the 3D gameday animations, or live video.

Worse than that though, it doesn't use the standard WP7 audio API, and it doesn't run under the lock screen. In other words, you can only listen to the game you want to stream while the display is on. :mad:
    You know, I could deal with most of that as I'm not really into the gameday animations or have a premium account. But the fact that it doesn't play audio underneath the lock screen is the straw that breaks the camel back. Looks like I'll be waiting for an updated version :/
    04-06-2012 06:58 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD