Communities (Tapatalk client) coming to WP7

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I would prefer you offer these services to Tapatalk to develop an official WP Tapatalk app so that other apps (namely the Autoguide.com app) that are re-branded Tapatalk clients for other portals will exist. If it is just a 3rd party Tapatalk client, I will pass.

Hmmmm... Maybe the answer is to develop the engine properly and then open source it so that other portals can grab the code and adjust it to their whim. I'll have a think

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Hmmmm... Maybe the answer is to develop the engine properly and then open source it so that other portals can grab the code and adjust it to their whim. I'll have a think
Well, Autoguide.com has contracted Tapatalk to develop their branded (paid and/or ad supported) app for Auto and Motorcycle communities across the web (they probably own 75% of the large community forums) and have iOS and Android apps, so I don't see them dumping their partnership with Tapatalk for an unknown. For selfish and more immediate gratification reasons, I would prefer you just contract with Tapatalk directly to develop an official Tapatalk app so I can get my Autoguide forums app ASAP ;)

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Genuine question guys, would you still have interest in a new Tapatalk client? The reason I ask is that when I wrote the forums integration for WPCentral I had to write a Tapatalk engine from scratch. It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but theoretically I could point the engine at a different site, change a few of the more customised areas and then release it as a seperate app.

Would that interest people? I'd probably release it as another $0.99/?0.79 app and for now it would use the UI design currently in WPCentral. Just need to know if it's something I should put in the pipeline (which I must admit is very full...)

Yes I would be interested. Board Express is better on my Lumia 920 but it's still a half a**ed try.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Genuine question guys, would you still have interest in a new Tapatalk client? The reason I ask is that when I wrote the forums integration for WPCentral I had to write a Tapatalk engine from scratch. It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but theoretically I could point the engine at a different site, change a few of the more customised areas and then release it as a seperate app.

Would that interest people? I'd probably release it as another $0.99/?0.79 app and for now it would use the UI design currently in WPCentral. Just need to know if it's something I should put in the pipeline (which I must admit is very full...)

I would be very thrilled of you made a tapatalk app for WP.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I would be interested also.

blnwp

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

Count me in.

sp8y

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site

If it was to be a fully featured app then I'd certainly be interested & would certainly purchase it to support development.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

yes!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion