Communities (Tapatalk client) coming to WP7

EveryApp Mobile

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
There is another tapatalk client in development for Windows Phone. I'm developing it and I can say that there won't be performance problems like in board express. It will be much smoother and fluid.

XBWillem

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Sounds good! I think BoardExpress is decent, but there's much room for improvement. That app isn't streamlined at all. I hope Communities will do this a lot better.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
One problem I have had with Board Express is that you cannot view boards that can only be viewed by logging in. Even if you are logged in they won't appear in the board list. I vaguely remembered reading something about this issue and that it was caused by WP7 not allowing apps to store certain types of cookies.

Does anyone know if the new up coming board reader apps will have the ability to view these 'private' boards? I hope the developers can find a way around this.

Alex_Hong

May 11, 2012
Visit site
There is another tapatalk client in development for Windows Phone. I'm developing it and I can say that there won't be performance problems like in board express. It will be much smoother and fluid.

Any update on tapatalk? I use EveryApp Mobile's tapatalk app on my BB and its very quick and reliable. Board express still has some of those annoyances mentioned in earlier posts. Like when typing a long post it will stop scrolling down and i would have to manually scroll down to see what i'm typing.

Alex_Hong

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way. As you can see I'm using tapatalk on my BB and its a world of difference compared to using Board express. There's no lag or sluggishness on it at all. We seriously need another tapatalk client for wp.

Sent from my RIMpire BlackBerry using the force

Garrett92C

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
So, did this project get cancelled?

Bummer if it did.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Indeed, it would be a bummer. I'm (hopefully) switching to WP8 soon and having a good Tapatalk app is pretty important to me. I've used Board Express before and it's terrible.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Genuine question guys, would you still have interest in a new Tapatalk client? The reason I ask is that when I wrote the forums integration for WPCentral I had to write a Tapatalk engine from scratch. It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but theoretically I could point the engine at a different site, change a few of the more customised areas and then release it as a seperate app.

Would that interest people? I'd probably release it as another $0.99/?0.79 app and for now it would use the UI design currently in WPCentral. Just need to know if it's something I should put in the pipeline (which I must admit is very full...)

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
Genuine question guys, would you still have interest in a new Tapatalk client? The reason I ask is that when I wrote the forums integration for WPCentral I had to write a Tapatalk engine from scratch. It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but theoretically I could point the engine at a different site, change a few of the more customised areas and then release it as a seperate app.

Would that interest people? I'd probably release it as another $0.99/?0.79 app and for now it would use the UI design currently in WPCentral. Just need to know if it's something I should put in the pipeline (which I must admit is very full...)

Oh Helz Yesss!!!! I would dump Board Express for a good well updated Tapatalk client. :)

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

Personally, I would prefer you offer these services to Tapatalk to develop an official WP Tapatalk app so that other apps (namely the Autoguide.com app) that are re-branded Tapatalk clients for other portals will exist. If it is just a 3rd party Tapatalk client, I will pass.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos