Nokia Maps Outdated?

rjansen3

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Maps was one of the biggest parts of my 900 that I was looking forward to for a few reasons. Mainly because it gives you the option to get public transit directions. So you can imagine my dismay when I downloaded and begin to fool around with the maps, only to find that they are quite outdated, at least her in Chicago. I wonder if this is due to Nokia's absences from the American market in recent years or just outdated map data from their source. Either way, does anyone have any idea of when, if, or how these maps will be updated so that they might actually be useful?

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I know what you mean. Happened to me here in Panama... For a while, the map was so outdated (2+ years) that it showed me driving on water. But it got updated quite quickly, it's good now. Updated maps just show, I don't believe I actually had to do or download anything...

And Panama is a small player, one would think a city as big as Chicago would get better mapping services from the biggest player in the market (I think NAVTEQ is the biggest, owned by Nokia).

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes