Apps won't update

podsnap

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm experiencing a problem where the marketplace says there are updates (currently for Whatsapp, Bible, BBB: App-ocalypse) but when I click the Update All button in the marketplace on the phone, it jumps to the Downloads page correctly but nothing is listed.

Nothing downloads.

I can uninstall the apps and reinstall them fine but oddly the ones listed on the phone are the old versions!

In Zune I can see the latest versions listed (but, of course, stupidly can't download them this way because they are 'already purchased') but on the phone they list the old version that I had installed!?

Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.

michaelpartlow

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here. I know updates are available, but they do not show in the marketplace. I guess uninstalling the app then downloading would work. Hopefully it's just a quick glitch that will work itself out.

podsnap

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Odd thing is, when I uninstall the app and reinstall from the Marketplace, it installs the old version!

How is that even possible?

I thought a new version would override any old files in the Marketplace.

markamericana

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Did you ever get this sorted podsnap? I'm having the same problem - three of my apps, Whassap, Vevo and Twitter won't update. Even if I uninstall and then reinstall them, it just reinstalls the old versions for some reason. Having searched through google, it doesn't sound like this is a common problem but I'm at a loss at what to do now :(

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Have you guys tried rebooting the phones? Can't say I've seen this myself, maybe it's a regional market issue or some weird bug?

markamericana

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I have thanks, I've tried even uninstalling, rebooting, leaving app uninstalled for a week and then reinstalling - exactly the same issue. Am wondering whether it's more to do with the phone (HTC Titan) than the os.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium