Weather Apps....and auto location

raidel00

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering, if the weather apps that are pinned on the start screen update your location when you move around. Such as if I fly to another city...will it automatically update the live tile with the weather and information of that city I'm currently in and not the one I opened the app in.

Dormage

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I never saw the point of showing the current wether at my location.
Maybe for blind people that can't see the sky, but then again they can't see the wether forcast ...

ctleng76

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Many of them do. Weather Channel does and Accuweather does.
Accuweather does not automatically display weather based on location. You have to open it, tell it to find your location and them save it and create a new live tile for the location. It is the only thing keeping me from using it. Weather channel app does this, but it doesn't always do it reliably.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Does weatherflow auto update the live tile when you change locations? ie without opening the app? I don't use it so I'm interested to know.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes it does! You just have to pin the auto-location tile.

Also, check out Cocktail Flow, made by the same developer. Both great apps!

ousooner314

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Accuweather does not automatically display weather based on location. You have to open it, tell it to find your location and them save it and create a new live tile for the location. It is the only thing keeping me from using it. Weather channel app does this, but it doesn't always do it reliably.
How do you set up Weather Channel to display weather based on location? I've never had it automatically switch locations, and would love to enable that feature. Thanks!
EDIT: Or, did you mean Weather Channel does like Accuweather, where you open the app and manually click the location icon?

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I never saw the point of showing the current wether at my location.
Maybe for blind people that can't see the sky, but then again they can't see the wether forcast ...

Then why have a weather app at all?
I travel much and would love to look at my screen and see what the day will bring so I can dress accordingly.

Yes it does! You just have to pin the auto-location tile.

Also, check out Cocktail Flow, made by the same developer. Both great apps!

Interesting, looking into this.

I would really want one that flips. One side for where I am and one side for my office or home. Or maybe a tile for Location Now and location Hi/Lo and other live tile for home and office.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb