The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
07-19-2012 12:28 PM
76 1234
tools
    Your explanation for Tapatalk is funny. In fact, you can wait to go home to do anything. So in fact, you don't need smartphone at all :D
    Gtalk, Skype and Viber - from what you wrote, I understand you used them all, and they all suck right now. Viber is in development for a year, and still not even in beta. I think they will all be usable with WP8.
    Anyway, you should not be disappointed with WP8. It's very good system, just needs some polishing.
    Yeah, I used Viber during Androids beta and I wasn't all that impressed. GTalk, I can easily live without. My main concern was the fact that it was me and my girlfriends (now ex) main communication tool, so that's out the window. Skype was just released, and from the reviews and what people are saying about it Tango is still better (Being on Verizon, HTC Trophy doesn't have a FFC, so that's pointless).

As for WP8, I can't wait for it. I've been hanging out these forums and looking through all the WP news for quite awhile. I can't wait to pick up a WP device, just not dropping the hammer of $500 on an HTC Trophy.

I'm not much of an app person, I have a few apps for what I need and the rest isn't a necessity... It would be nice to have, but not exactly a "ZOMG DEAL BREAKER, 'CAUSE IT DOESNT HAVE SUCH AND SUCH APP". >_>
    04-22-2012 06:53 PM
    You forgot Google+.
    04-22-2012 07:10 PM
    There will be a tapatalk based client(not official) developed by me coming out in the near future. What I can tell you that so far IT'S FAST! I mean REALLY FAST!

Please be patient and once it's finished you'll have likely the best tapatalk client that will be available for windows phone for some time. Not even an official tapatalk client will be able to overcome it. I have very deep intimate knowledge of the API :) The first version will be simple and will have the basic features necessary.
    poxme, scottcraft and AngryNil like this.
    04-22-2012 09:48 PM
    Opera ghost I have been using the beta of audible for some weeks and it is really sweet though main thing it is missing for me is options to change narration speeds and to download the daily stuff like nyt and wj.

Sent from my HTC Titan 2 using Board Express
    04-23-2012 12:22 PM
    Opera ghost I have been using the beta of audible for some weeks and it is really sweet though main thing it is missing for me is options to change narration speeds and to download the daily stuff like nyt and wj.

That is my "one" missing app. I emailed Audible when I got my first WP7 way back in Nov 2010 and they said basically thanks for asking, but no, we have no interest in WP7 at this time. So I emailed them that I would be cancelling my account that day, and looked forward to re-joining when they released a WP7 app. I can see now that they have crumbled at the lost ~$200 in revenue and came to their senses!

Hopefully we see it soon!
    OG
    04-23-2012 05:15 PM
    I'd like to see the Kindle app updated to parity with the Android and iOS apps. On those platforms, creating highlighting and annotations is supported; not on WP (or BB). I haven't heard whether Amazon has any plan to do this. Maybe now that they're in the hardware business they're not so keen on developing full-featured apps for other platforms.
    04-23-2012 06:52 PM
    Surprised nobody else mentioned SpringPad. Great notetaking / personal organizer. OneNote and Evernote are both excellent choices, but SpringPad is currently the best if you want to clip and aggregate a lot of online content.

An official app for Pocket (aka Read It Later) would be nice, but the unofficial ones work well enough.

Also, Mint.
    04-23-2012 09:12 PM
    There will be a tapatalk based client(not official) developed by me coming out in the near future. What I can tell you that so far IT'S FAST! I mean REALLY FAST!

Please be patient and once it's finished you'll have likely the best tapatalk client that will be available for windows phone for some time. Not even an official tapatalk client will be able to overcome it. I have very deep intimate knowledge of the API :) The first version will be simple and will have the basic features necessary.
    That's great to hear and good luck with your work. Can't wait to try out your app.

Just a question though, will your app allow users to view password protected boards on a forum. For example certain forums have off topic areas that you can only view when logged in, but on board express you can't see them even if you are logged in.
    04-24-2012 12:40 AM
    That's great to hear and good luck with your work. Can't wait to try out your app.

Just a question though, will your app allow users to view password protected boards on a forum. For example certain forums have off topic areas that you can only view when logged in, but on board express you can't see them even if you are logged in.
    Password protected forums will be viewable. However, if a certain forum has a incorrect setup of the tapatalk plugin, it can cause issues.
    04-24-2012 01:06 PM
    I'm still waiting for the following:

Words with Friends
    Wells Fargo Banking App
    Mobilityware's Solitaire and FreeCell

That's all I can think of for now.
    rdubmu likes this.
    04-25-2012 02:19 PM
    Will_solo for now I pinned wells Fargo mobile site to my device. Also if you want fast way to check balance I use page one to see that without logging into mobile site

will_solo and rdubmu like this.
    04-26-2012 09:54 AM
    Still desperately need:

Mint
    LinkedIn (Official. The 3rd party apps are nowhere near the official iPhone app)
    04-26-2012 12:00 PM
    i don't mind the Bank apps...most have a stellar mobile site that works great! Now, I use MINT to track my budget and without ANY mobile site it make it impossible on my phone.
    04-26-2012 12:40 PM
    Will_solo for now I pinned wells Fargo mobile site to my device. Also if you want fast way to check balance I use page one to see that without logging into mobile site

Yeah, I have the wf.com site pinned to my home screen too which is essentially the same thing as the app.
    04-26-2012 04:08 PM
    I am trying to write app for wells Fargo but want it to load the wf.com site that loads on ios or android but even when spoofing those device the website won't load correctly and not sure why

magnetiteNOSTRIL likes this.
    04-27-2012 06:54 AM
    Tapatalk
    Voxer
    Ford Sync (mainly because I drive a Ford)
    Nike+ (because I use a Fuelband)
    Epocrates/Medscape (because I'm a pharmacist)
    Zinio
    Alarm.com
    Ford Sync isn't a phone app
    And the Titan has been tested and verified to work with Ford Sync...
    http://www.nsapp.fordtechservice.dea...N_iop_1_30.pdf
    04-27-2012 10:06 AM
    I did receive this email from a member of the Photosynth group:

Yes. We are working on Photosynth for Windows Phone now. We havent announced a ship date, but Im confident it will ship, and it will be good.

Cheers, David.
    David Gedye
    Photosynth Lead Program Manager
    Microsoft.
    Last edited by Apoc; 04-27-2012 at 05:15 PM.
    04-27-2012 05:05 PM
    Ohh also official LinkedIn app

Sent from my HTC HD7 using Board Express
    04-28-2012 10:35 AM
    Feel like I'm beating a dead horse, but I'm not sure what else to do. Keep beating....

PHOTOSYNTH (dammit Microsoft, have you absolutely no shame here???)
    Hulu+
    DirecTV app with streaming video
    Words with Friends (this one game is stopping many of my friends from even considering WP7)
    Draw Something
    Paypal
    American Express
    the_Max! (Northrop Grumman Federal Credit Union app)
    Waze (new rumors that this one is close maybe)
    Camera+
    Photoshop Express
    Roku remote app (official)
    Logitech Revue remote app
    HBO GO
    Instagram (meh)
    Pandora (official app that won't break when Pandora feels like breaking the 3rd party apps out there)
    Hipstamatic
    ANY video editing apps (Vimeo, Silent Film Director, iMovie equiv)
    Ford Sync apps (come on microsoft. maybe not as embarrassing as PHOTOSYNTH still not being on WP7 but pretty close)
    MotionX gps apps
    Mapquest
    Nook by B&N
    Peak.ar
    Nike+GPS
    USA Today Autopilot (TripIt helper app)
    GateGuru
    missing airline apps
    Angry Birds (current versions)

Also, many of the 'major' apps already on WP7 are older less capable versions than their iOS/android equivalents and need to be updated to be at least as good. Many of them haven't even been updated for Mango - that is sad.

Come on everyone, grab a whip and join in! :excl::excl:
    yes! please windows 7 apps for

chase mobile
    go payment
    angry birds
    instagram
    pandora
    paypal
    etsy!
    pinterest

i'm requesting! i'm requesting! i'm requesting! i'm requesting! i'm requesting!
    05-01-2012 10:37 AM
    Stitcher ... this is (IMHO) the best podcast "streaming" app out there.

Many hours listening for me on IOS & Android. Sent them an email offering to be a beta tester after seeing a story here on WPCentral that it was coming and they wrote back saying "No Plans at all" !

/BD :mad:
    05-01-2012 12:27 PM
    Tapatalk=Board Express. They made that
    05-02-2012 04:53 AM
    Tapatalk=Board Express. They made that
    Tapatalk!=BoardExpress
    05-03-2012 10:09 PM

Words with Friends
    Wells Fargo Banking App

The only other thing i would add, is a first party Pandora App, and instagram. I wanna share my photos that I shoot with my Titan II !!!! Fhotoroom is okay but doesn't have the amount of people. Windows Phone only!
    05-04-2012 10:48 PM
    jetpack joyride...I want that game sooooooo Bad
    Jrexxx likes this.
    05-05-2012 02:16 AM
    Even if MSFT funds the development of all these missing apps, what' the guarantee that they will be updated with the same frequency as the iOS versions? Software development is very expensive and most shops would prefer to remain iOS-only for that reason alone.
    05-05-2012 03:32 AM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD