The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
07-19-2012 12:28 PM
76 1234
tools
    JETPACK!!! :P
    Other than that there's nothing that is really a must for me. There's always a good alternative for almost everything.
    What I just wish for is that the developers, for their upcoming releases, treat WP in the same way that they treat android and iOS! However, that's not going to happen before WP has more users so...
    05-05-2012 03:49 AM
    I think once Windows 8 releases (it's Windows, after all - pretty much everyone is going to have a copy eventually) and apps become portable written for one or the other, the app devs won't really have a reason not to. Until then, we're in the same boat apple was in for apps for many years - many devs didn't write for their ecosystem because it was small and didn't make fiscal sense. At least that's my humble opinion.
    05-05-2012 01:51 PM
    I think once Windows 8 releases (it's Windows, after all - pretty much everyone is going to have a copy eventually) and apps become portable written for one or the other, the app devs won't really have a reason not to. Until then, we're in the same boat apple was in for apps for many years - many devs didn't write for their ecosystem because it was small and didn't make fiscal sense. At least that's my humble opinion.
    Once WinRT is released in a few months, there will be an explosion of app development for W8/WP8.
    05-05-2012 01:54 PM
    The only other thing i would add, is a first party Pandora App, and instagram. I wanna share my photos that I shoot with my Titan II !!!! Fhotoroom is okay but doesn't have the amount of people. Windows Phone only!
    Have you checked out EyeEm? It's a photo-sharing app. I've never used instagram to compare, but I like it. It has some pretty neat pictures from other countries on it. It's also cross-platform.
    05-05-2012 02:02 PM
    Mint
    Draw Something
    "Tier 1" Games like the newest Angry Birds releases, Cut the Rope, etc.
    05-10-2012 03:25 PM
    The op list included the official roku remote app. I used the official app on my iPhone, iPod touch, and wife's iPad. I like the 3rd party app Remote 4 Roku FREE better cause it has a favorites list. I have a lot of channels on my roku that I don't use a lot, but use enough to keep installed. But most of my time is spent in one of four channels. I have these in my favorites and don't have to scroll through channels looking for them
    05-13-2012 02:36 PM
    I want a good Pocket (Read It Later) app so bad. If nothing is out by the time Windows Phone 8 ships, I'll be seriously considering making one over the end of year break.

A few others I'm looking for:
    • Some client that will allow me to post blog updates with rich formatting support, preferably WYSIWYG editing. Since I'm looking to begin development at the end of this year, I want to be able to maintain a site for my apps. The Wordpress app doesn't impress me and the Tumblr clients are weak in actual posting.
    • Still hunting around for the perfect RSS reader! I've bought three - RSS Central, Weave and Nextgen Reader - and all have their imperfections. I hope all these developers learn from each other and improve their apps - RSS Central excels in background loading of feeds, Weave has a fantastic interface and Nextgen has better formatting support.
    • A lyrics app with a good source, with a paid, ad-free version. All the apps I've tried are incapable of finding the lyrics of half the songs I listen to. Your app is useless if a Google search from the browser works better.
    Last edited by AngryNil; 05-14-2012 at 02:57 AM.
    05-14-2012 02:47 AM
    tweetdeck
    Pulse from android, current pulse from wp7 stinks
    tapatalk
    working viber
    youtube from android
    Flipboard
    screenshot
    dolphin browser
    05-16-2012 09:41 PM
    Tapatalk!=BoardExpress
    The problem is the latest update broke the app's functionality. Long-pressing to reply with a quote just makes the app crash.

It worked great before the update, but now it is buggy.

I never should have updated. :(
    05-17-2012 12:29 AM
    I want:
    Instagram
    FlipBoard
    Same Facebook app
    Tweetbot

Why does it seem that windows phone apps are always of lower quality?
    05-17-2012 04:45 PM
    Ford Sync isn't a phone app
    And the Titan has been tested and verified to work with Ford Sync...
    http://www.nsapp.fordtechservice.dea...N_iop_1_30.pdf
    there is a companion app for iOS, but it's not that SYNCy .... other car makers (GM (OnStar) and Hyundai I know of) are making better smart phone apps, but none that I've seen on WP7 yet.
    05-17-2012 07:00 PM
    I'm in desperate need of a Logmein app or, as an alternative, a Teamviewer app.

My current contract ends on July, but my plan was to wait for WP8 phones anyway. However, recent events have made clear that I can no longer wait, and I will be forced to go Android (iPhone screen is too small for my taste)

I can only hope that one of those apps will be released for WP7 before July.
    05-18-2012 05:08 AM

My current contract ends on July, but my plan was to wait for WP8 phones anyway. However, recent events have made clear that I can no longer wait, and I will be forced to go Android (iPhone screen is too small for my taste)

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/ap...c-00237de2db9e

Here you go! If this helps don't forget to click "thanks" :)
    oldmanjenkins likes this.
    05-18-2012 05:39 PM
    Thanks mate, but it's not quite the same. In fact, I already use a RDP app, Remote Desktop 7.

RDP has its place, but it also has its limitations. For example, on the same network, access to other computers is quite easy, but via internet (which is the issue here) I would need to open a different port on the router for every computer I would like to access, and repeat on other routers on different networks. Another limitation is that RDP access is not available on Windows Home versions.

With Logmein, the agent installed in every computer deals with the connection, no need to open ports. It also supports Home versions.
    05-18-2012 07:28 PM
    I was only lacking Audible, which released today. There are no apps I am waiting on now.
    06-21-2012 03:49 PM
    For me, unfortunately, it's still audible which is not yet available in my country :-(
    06-21-2012 03:58 PM
    Still desperately need:

Mint
    LinkedIn (Official. The 3rd party apps are nowhere near the official iPhone app)
    Why are people mentioning official LinkedIn app? We have that already.
    06-22-2012 08:44 AM
    Why are people mentioning official LinkedIn app? We have that already.
    We didn't at the time of the posting. This is a running thread...

By the way, I would like to have Hulu Plus and the Amazon Cloud Player.
    06-22-2012 11:29 AM
    the very LAST app I'm waiting for is Stitcher.

Yes; there are other podcasting apps (I use both the built-in Music+Videos app as well as Podcasts+) but not found one yet that can duplicate the "playlist" function of Stitcher.

This is the ability to make a "favorites" list of podcasts that works like a playlist whereby each podcast is updated automatically and when you play the list... they all play one after the other without one having to keep pressing play for each individual show.

/BD
    06-22-2012 11:30 AM
    Quite disappointed that audible still isn't available in Uk marketplace.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    06-22-2012 12:46 PM
    When asking, a lady from audible.de (Germany)-Support told me that the app should be ready at the beginning of next week.
    06-22-2012 03:09 PM
    Still waiting for Google+ and SOCL apps. I'm a social guy ;)
    06-23-2012 11:47 AM

Well, sadly, it's done. I've bought a Galaxy Nexus, and the thing vindicated itself last weekend. Using Logmein in the middle of nowhere is a godsent.

Of course, being Android, I've already found a bug, the unified inbox crashes if there're no mails. Not to mention that I still feel more at home on WP7.

I hope WP8 will be ready to cover my needs the next time I change the phone.
    Last edited by amorenod; 07-09-2012 at 07:45 AM.
    07-09-2012 07:25 AM
    Still waiting for Google+ and SOCL apps. I'm a social guy ;)
    dude SOCL is dumb...Microsoft simply can't do social.
    07-09-2012 09:27 AM
    The only thing I miss and I mean only, is a SNES emulator.
    07-09-2012 11:23 AM
76 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD