Problems with Office

rmac23

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I am a new user (Samsung Focus), so bear with me.

I have files on my SkyDrive, and when I try to open some of them, it tells me I don't have permission to download. Some open fine, others don't.

Any help would be appreciated.

rmac23

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I am a new user (Samsung Focus), so bear with me.

I have files on my SkyDrive, and when I try to open some of them, it tells me I don't have permission to download. Some open fine, others don't.

Any help would be appreciated.
Bumping my post...

Desperately needing help.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Are the files you are trying to open "password protected". Have not had any problems opening Office 2010 or 2003 file formats.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

rmac23

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Are the files you are trying to open "password protected". Have not had any problems opening Office 2010 or 2003 file formats.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I do not believe so. I uploaded all of these files on the same day and didn't put any password on them (don't know how to do that on Skydrive anyway). They are all only available to Just Me, but only some will open. I guess I could delete and re-upload them all, too.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Mo password protection for individual files on SkyDrive. Guess I was asking if your Word or Excel files were password protected on the desktop. That could prevent them from opening on SkyDrive.

rmac23

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Mo password protection for individual files on SkyDrive. Guess I was asking if your Word or Excel files were password protected on the desktop. That could prevent them from opening on SkyDrive.

Thanks again.

There is no password protection on any of those files, and it seems that it's some (at random almost) from any of the subfolders. I also noticed today that I can't see to open at all any of the PDFs in my Skydrive or in Office hub...i tap them, the file "clicks" but nothing happens.

Is there a way to "reset" the files from the phone side? All of the ones that are not working from the phone (and again, it's only some of the files...some Word, some Excel, but now it seems all of the PDFs) are working from my PC via SkyDrive.

Any help will be much, much appreciated.

Forgewizard

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried "resetting" your office app on the device? Are you trying to acces the files from the Office app or the skydrive app?

I'm having fits with both and just discovered that my insalled skydrive app hasn't updated on its own. It was still v1!

Before resetting Office you'll need to email each and every file to yourself to remove it from Office on the phone. Basically ensuring that the files are either ON skydrive - or can be sent to skydrive - but are defintiely NOT on the phone - otherwise you'll lose them all completely!

Then go to Settings on the phone, applications, locate Office and tap Reset.

THen go to you applications list and tell skydrive to update, I think I didi this with just a long press and selected updatw, or maybe I went to marketplace on my PC and told it to update, I really can't remember - I've pulled an all nighter trying to sort this out on my own device and STILL skydrive tells me it can't read the video file that it downloads from itself and which was uploaded from the phone!

Am basically resigned to the fact that apparently you can UPLOAD a video to skydrive and view it on a PC, but you can't bring them back to your device - so what good is 25 GB of Cloud storage to keep your device free if the device can't read it's own files after they've been stored on Skydrive?

ALso am noticing that with Excel, once the file gets opened on device and then edited - that it saves as yet another file on skydrive! so my "original_file.xlsx" file has now become "original_file 1.xlsx" and then a second editing of "original_file 1.xslx" turned it in to "original_file 11.xslx" or sometimes "original_file 1(1).xslx" :straight:

Isn't this just supposed to work? Aren't supposed to be able to send our filed to sky drive then retrieve them for editing or sharing?

Well, at least I have 25 GB of space to use up for all my self replicating files! :confused:

Computers are our friends, computers are our friends, computers are our friends they make our lives easier.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett