10-23-2012 07:52 PM
108 1234 ...
tools
    The audible.co.uk help site has the screenshots and it says the package is available in the marketplace - must be the UK one.
    Audible Windows Mobile App
    I just wished they didn't call it Windows Mobile...
    It shows that both the narration speeds and the daily download of wsj and nyt are not available at this time.
    Hopefully, the app is coming to the US soon.
    05-03-2012 08:53 AM
    It's not in the UK Marketplace yet I'm afraid
    ausejxi likes this.
    05-03-2012 10:07 AM
    I sometimes wish I wouldn't read the rumors about release dates (like MARCH). The wait is excruciating.
    mr2gud2u likes this.
    05-03-2012 11:33 AM
    Here's to hoping it isn't the buggy pile of rubbish it is on Android.
    05-03-2012 01:50 PM
    Here's to hoping it isn't the buggy pile of rubbish it is on Android.
    a buggy pile of rubbish is better than vaporware
    05-03-2012 02:17 PM
    It shows up in the FAQ on how to install.. But it is STILL not in the marketplace... Sigh..

Audible Windows Mobile App
    ausejxi and mr2gud2u like this.
    05-03-2012 04:30 PM
    a buggy pile of rubbish is better than vaporware
    The bugs that I have found are:

-Audible needs to connect to its servers to update your subs eveytime the app is launched. If it can't connect you have a 50/50 shot that you won't have access to your books. This is a killer if you don't have decent internet, like where I am.
    -When I shut the app down there is an 50/50 chance I will lose my place where I am in the book I am listening too and have to fast forward from the beginning. There is no need for this to be happening.
    -Stuttering happens on every title I have at least once or twice before I finish the book.
    -The app just shuts down by itself for no known reason.

These bugs shouldn't be there period on an kindle fire. It's Amazon's hardware AND software. There is no way in **** they can blame this on anyone but themselves. I can only imagine the train wreck this will be on someone eles hardware/software. I am hopeful they get it squared away since I have hundreds of dollars in books. I buy 8-10 books a month from them, so I fully support them and wish this situation gets resolved.
    05-04-2012 06:07 AM
    Talked to an Audible customer service employee today on an unrelated matter (great experience by the way - got a 10$ discount for one of their 3-credit deals and it wasn't even their fault.)

I asked if he knew anything about the launch date of the Windows Phone app and he said for sure it would be out by the end of the month (May) and that it was an awesome app. While I hope that he's wrong and it comes earlier at least that means I only have to keep my old android device around a few more weeks.
    Apoc and mr2gud2u like this.
    05-05-2012 07:41 PM
    Great info!! Audible app and Diablo 3 all in the same month! May is going to be a great month.
    05-08-2012 10:56 PM
    Great info!! Audible app and Diablo 3 all in the same month! May is going to be a great month.
    I'm not getting my hopes up for a May release of the Audible app.
    05-09-2012 06:08 AM
    I'm not getting my hopes up for a May release of the Audible app.
    My guess is May 2013
    05-11-2012 09:12 AM
    My guess is it will be released one week before the WP 8 phones are released, and then it will take them 3 years to upgrade the app for compatibility with WP8
    05-11-2012 09:47 AM
    I have used audible beta and sure it hasn't been released because it is not ready and had some features it is still missing

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    05-11-2012 04:29 PM
    Which features are missing? We've had other posters tell is the beta was great.
    05-11-2012 04:33 PM
    I'm on the phone with Audible CS right now. The guy is insisting that the WP7 app was released a month ago, and he has no idea why it isn't showing up in the marketplace on my phone (or on their own website).

Edit: He finally realized that it hasn't been released yet, and said it would be released in 1-3 months.
    05-12-2012 09:51 AM
    Although we heard good stuff about the Audible app from Paul Thurrot, I personally think the app has a lot of issues and bugs that needs to be fix. The only reason it's not out since we heard rumores of it coming in March.
    05-12-2012 11:06 AM
    I'm on the phone with Audible CS right now. The guy is insisting that the WP7 app was released a month ago, and he has no idea why it isn't showing up in the marketplace on my phone (or on their own website).

Edit: He finally realized that it hasn't been released yet, and said it would be released in 1-3 months.
    1-3 months, Gosh that's a long freaking time :(
    05-12-2012 11:07 AM
    Since he originally insisted that it was released a month ago, I would take his estimation of a 1 - 3 month release with a grain of salt.
    Either way, I'm excited that we will get Audible on WP. I'm getting ready to rip out carpet to replace with laminate, redo kitchen and bathrooms and tile those. Listening to a good book while doing that will be great!

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 900 using Board Express
    05-12-2012 11:22 AM
    If the app isn't released by the end of the month, I'm going to sell my Lumia 900 and buy the HTC One X. Really sad.
    05-12-2012 02:23 PM
    Here is the email I received in response to my phone call:

Dear Brian,

Thank you for contacting Audible Customer Support! I hope you are having a great day!

Based on your email, I understand you would like to the release date for the Windows Phone operating system . I am more than happy to assist. At the current time, we do not have an application for the Windows Phone operating system. However, our Technical Team is assiduously working on the application and it should be release within the month of June.

Please let us know if you have further questions, comments, suggestions or concerns.

Happy Listening!

Sincerely,
    Ruth D

Audible Customer Support
    So June is now the target for release.

I assume in June the emails will be saying "... should be released in the month of July."
    05-13-2012 04:31 PM

1-3 months?!!!
    05-13-2012 04:35 PM
    Although we heard good stuff about the Audible app from Paul Thurrot, I personally think the app has a lot of issues and bugs that needs to be fix. The only reason it's not out since we heard rumores of it coming in March.
    It has a lot of issues on Amazon's own hardware. I am not surprised by this at all.
    05-13-2012 04:37 PM
    Hey guys I have had the audible beta for a few weeks now. It runs really great I think the reason they have been holding off the release is because as of now they have still not implemented naration speeds and ability to download and listen to those daily downloads like the wsj and nyt. I am sure they really are just waiting to release until they have a complete product. I personally have been using as much lately because i normally listen to books at 2x and lacking this option I find is important to me. If any of you would like beta you will need dev unlocked phone to install beta as they give you a xap file to install for it. If you are not unlocked and you have any access to someone with a .edu email you can get yours unlocked for free very easily. I got mine unlocked by using my old college email that for some reason years later is still active
    I have the free MSDN account (student). How do I get the audible app?
    05-14-2012 01:24 PM
    As long as they are working assiduously. Sometimes WP apps don't get the assiduous development team. I work for the devious development team at my company and we get a lot of complaints.
    05-15-2012 02:21 PM
    I Am waiting for that app too ... it's really the only thing I'm missing from my HTC Wildfire. Am not missing the sudden reboots of my phone while listening to audiobooks. :@

Oh man, if the present releaese date is June, then I'll probably have to wait forever. Oh man I'm so inpatient!!!! :mad:
    05-17-2012 07:15 AM
108 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD