Where's Audible.com App?

TexZenFool

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I received the following email from Audible on 4/16. No mention of a 2 week timeframe in mine. Looks like yours is definitely updated info.

Thank you for contacting Audible!

I understand that you are inquiring about updates on Audible with Windows Phone. At this time we do not have a released date. We apologize for the inconvenience.

When the application is complete, we will be announcing it on our website, newsletter, social media channels, and you will be notified.

Thanks for your interest in using Audible with Windows Phone. If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,
Carol A.

Audible Customer Support

kaiser10123

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
audible beta

Hey guys I have had the audible beta for a few weeks now. It runs really great I think the reason they have been holding off the release is because as of now they have still not implemented naration speeds and ability to download and listen to those daily downloads like the wsj and nyt. I am sure they really are just waiting to release until they have a complete product. I personally have been using as much lately because i normally listen to books at 2x and lacking this option I find is important to me. If any of you would like beta you will need dev unlocked phone to install beta as they give you a xap file to install for it. If you are not unlocked and you have any access to someone with a .edu email you can get yours unlocked for free very easily. I got mine unlocked by using my old college email that for some reason years later is still active

ausejxi

May 14, 2011
Visit site
The audible.co.uk help site has the screenshots and it says the package is available in the marketplace - must be the UK one.
Audible Windows Mobile App
I just wished they didn't call it Windows Mobile...
It shows that both the narration speeds and the daily download of wsj and nyt are not available at this time.
Hopefully, the app is coming to the US soon.

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
a buggy pile of rubbish is better than vaporware

The bugs that I have found are:

-Audible needs to connect to its servers to update your subs eveytime the app is launched. If it can't connect you have a 50/50 shot that you won't have access to your books. This is a killer if you don't have decent internet, like where I am.
-When I shut the app down there is an 50/50 chance I will lose my place where I am in the book I am listening too and have to fast forward from the beginning. There is no need for this to be happening.
-Stuttering happens on every title I have at least once or twice before I finish the book.
-The app just shuts down by itself for no known reason.

These bugs shouldn't be there period on an kindle fire. It's Amazon's hardware AND software. There is no way in **** they can blame this on anyone but themselves. I can only imagine the train wreck this will be on someone eles hardware/software. I am hopeful they get it squared away since I have hundreds of dollars in books. I buy 8-10 books a month from them, so I fully support them and wish this situation gets resolved.

ethananim

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Audible App out by the end of May? - Customer Service

Talked to an Audible customer service employee today on an unrelated matter (great experience by the way - got a 10$ discount for one of their 3-credit deals and it wasn't even their fault.)

I asked if he knew anything about the launch date of the Windows Phone app and he said for sure it would be out by the end of the month (May) and that it was an awesome app. While I hope that he's wrong and it comes earlier at least that means I only have to keep my old android device around a few more weeks.

bpgui

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
My guess is it will be released one week before the WP 8 phones are released, and then it will take them 3 years to upgrade the app for compatibility with WP8

kaiser10123

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I have used audible beta and sure it hasn't been released because it is not ready and had some features it is still missing

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

bpgui

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the phone with Audible CS right now. The guy is insisting that the WP7 app was released a month ago, and he has no idea why it isn't showing up in the marketplace on my phone (or on their own website).

Edit: He finally realized that it hasn't been released yet, and said it would be released in 1-3 months.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05