Runkeeper Missing from Marketplace?

danwc

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, this was disappointing news for me this last week. I'm trying out endomondo at the moment. I am hoping this is the result of the particular circumstances this one particular company is having and not a sign of a trend where the few "name brand" apps we have stop dropping off. Having jumped the burning ship of webOS for WP7 it sometimes feels like deja vu al over again...or that's my fear anyway. I hate having to choose elegance and great user experience over functionality and compatibility. I keep waiting for it to take off.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

danwc

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
If you have the app it will still work. Once it's gone you can't get it back.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
The first time I tried to use it it wouldn't sync my run. I wasn't that impressed with it. One of the other apps I've downloaded should work fine.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

anon(5334066)

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
For those capable of side loading, I managed to find a previous version of the app on this website: RunKeeper | PDA Magazine NET (download link at the bottom of the article). For some reason it says 1.5, when in reality the last version was 1.14 or something but whatever. This version does not feature pinnable tiles for specific activities. A tile for distance/calorie/whatever totals can still be configured from within the settings dialog.

I've also contacted the RunKeeper team and are awaiting their second response to see if I can get the latest version emailed to me. :D

Last edited:

MicrosoftNorthstar

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I've also contacted the RunKeeper team and are awaiting their second response to see if I can get the latest version emailed to me. :D

So were you able to have them send you the latest version? I side-loaded the one you posted a link to, and now it shows that it needs an update which of course fails because it's been pulled from the Marketplace. I don't want it to show up in my update list in perpetuity :-(

anon(5334066)

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
So were you able to have them send you the latest version? I side-loaded the one you posted a link to, and now it shows that it needs an update which of course fails because it's been pulled from the Marketplace. I don't want it to show up in my update list in perpetuity :-(

They never replied again (go figure). And so long as you don't have any sort of marketplace interaction with the app one it's installed you shouldn't have any issues.

anon(5334066)

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to export my data from RunKeeper and into Endomondo?
The only reason i'm still using RunKeeper is because I recently passed 1000 km, 51000 calories and don't want to leave that all behind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos