selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
hey guys ,

I know we have some pretty good F1 apps right now but nothing compares to the Official timing App from F1 . I notice that they only had it for BB , Iphone and Android so i sent off a e-mail tot he DEV to find out what the words was for WP....

here is the e-mail:

ME:

Hey

First I just want to say that your app is a beautiful piece of work! Very useful for quail/Race.
I notice that you guys currently have the app on Blackberries, Android and Iphones
but Unfortunately have left out our beloved Windows phone.
Now I’m am NOT talking about Windows Mobile but Windows Phone the NEW OS from Microsoft.

It is a VERY easy device to code for and I believe allot of WP clients are BIG fans of Formula1 as most of them are European,
I would love to know if you have Future plans to PORT your app over to the WindowsPhone platform and if so when we could expect it.

I would appreciate a response if possible.

Thanks
Alex
THEM:

Dear Alexandre,

We will be looking at Window Phone 8 in the future. No plans for 7.5 as the platform will be undergoing a big change in terms of third party support with Phone 8 regarding 3rd part native apps.

Best regards,

Alex

so it looks like we will be getting it around WP8 , I hope this is the same reason allot of the other official apps arnt here yet...

bear_lx

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
ive got similar responses from devs as well... same deal with carriers and OEM's. i know we have constantly been waiting on this OS, first for copy and paste, then for mango, then for keyboard fixes, now for apollo... but this IS IT! apollo is going to be a HUGE improvement on every level! i cant wait. not a big F1 fan, but hopefully this is a trend. thanks for the update alexandro! :p

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
how does a moderator get his own thread moved? lol :p

I moved it my self ,Ii figuered it fits better here. LOL.

That's great news. I have it on my ipad, and love it, would be nice to have it in my pocket at all times.

yeah it is nice ,I have it on my PC but its a pain for watching the actual race at the same time as siting at my PC watching the times.. lol

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Guys! Are there any further updates regarding this?

Just search "Live timing" from store ... it has all sector times and lap times on a position list ... I just used it today and it works well for that purpose ...

There is also "2013 FIA Formula 1" app, but it is not so useful as "Live timing" ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos