Lets talk Pandora...

nascarnate326

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Id like to have a positive discussion about Pandora but I would rather have a factual discussion.

Why is there no love for Windows Phone from the Pandora Team?

I wrote them and this is what I got:
"Hi Nathan,

Thanks for your interest in having Pandora on Windows Phone 7. We are not developing an app at this time, but we will definitely keep it in mind while planning our product priorities for the future.

Here is a list of mobile devices that currently support Pandora: Pandora Internet Radio - Listen to Free Music You'll Love

Thanks so much for listening to Pandora!

Best Regards,

XXXX X

Listener Support
PANDORA? internet radio
Need help? http://help.pandora.com"

How do they determine if they are making an app or not? What does WP7 have to do before they will make an app? I know there are lots of third party apps but I would like a nice clean native app.

Thoughts?

Los

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, Move on. It's not the end of the world. If they don't want to make an app, oh well. There's plenty of other alternatives. Just keep waiting. Who knows they might eventually do it. If they don't, you'll still live

Me personally, I don't care cause I don't stream music. That's just a battery drainer but I'm not gonna ***** and complain about apps I want that are not on the platform yet. There's plenty that I want that aren't here yet. Even if they never come, I'll live. it's not that serious

Also, we have to accept that not everyone loves Microsoft. So that bias will prevent them from making apps for the platform. A lot of people are on their knees sucking off Apple and google cause they can do no wrong I guess. It's whatever tho. We should just support those who support our platform

nascarnate326

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Honestly Ill ditch this lumia before I ditch Pandora. Its that big of a deal for me.

If the third party apps worked, I could move on but no support? How hard is it to make a damn app?

AzD

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Honestly Ill ditch this lumia before I ditch Pandora. Its that big of a deal for me.

If the third party apps worked, I could move on but no support? How hard is it to make a damn app?

Really?!?!?! That's interesting. Why did you buy a Lumia in the 1st place if Pandora is such a high priority?

As for "how hard it is to make a damn app", ask the Pandora people. I don't think it's about the difficulty in making an app as much as it is about prioritizing their resources. For whatever reason they have decided that the time and effort to make an app for WP isn't worth it to them. Considering WP's 2% market share, that's entirely understandable.

You need to get an iPhone or Android if Pandora is that important to you.

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I've read that they were upset with Microsoft because Microsoft was talking up the app and putting Pandora into promotional materials when the app didn't even exist yet. Not sure if that's true or not.

For the folks that keep suggesting people just move onto a different music streaming service, stop. Pandora is a service that gets better with more input from the user and there are people out there that have spent a lot of time providing feedback to improve their experience. To suggest they just easily switch to something else is silly. It's like suggesting someone move to hotmail if wp7 didn't support their gmail account.

Pandora is an app we need, even if its just to fill a checkbox. If letting them know that there is a demand helps then so be it. I'm hoping they will feel a necessity to create a Windows 8 app and WP8 will get one alongside it, but we'll see.

Xerxes10

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Many of you probably already know this, but you cam listen to Pandora using Windows Phone apps MetroRadio or MeteoRadio Pro both available in the Marketplace. The app was recently broken due to Pandora changing am API or something, but the dev fixed it and it works great now. I have MetroRadio Pro and it works great.

Los

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Really?!?!?! That's interesting. Why did you buy a Lumia in the 1st place if Pandora is such a high priority?

Exactly. Why the **** would you buy a phone if it didn't have pandora already? obviously pandora wasn't that important cause you would have went with a phone that already has it if it meant that much to you

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

Just use the Pandora html5 site that came out last September,it works good. Or use one of the alternative Pandora apps, it's not a big deal!

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

I'm sure the developers would be upset to see your post being that the reason that their apps from time to time stop working is because Pandora locks them out. It's not hard to MAKE one, but it's hard to make a company stop being greedy

Edit: I like Smart DJ better. Less of "repeats"

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

you probably need to sell the phone then.

I've been brand loyal to a lot of things, but some dime a dozen music service has not been one of them. and really, Pandora's site design is stuck in chrome filled web 2.0 ****.

mhans311

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Wow talk about jumping on someone because he wants a Pandora app. There's nothing wrong with wanting an app. I realize it's a topic that comes up a lot here but I think it would be good for windows phone to have a Pandora app. Even my old windows mobile Q9m had a Pandora app.

AzD

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
"For the folks that keep suggesting people just move onto a different music streaming service, stop. Pandora is a service that gets better with more input from the user and there are people out there that have spent a lot of time providing feedback to improve their experience. To suggest they just easily switch to something else is silly. It's like suggesting someone move to hotmail if wp7 didn't support their gmail account."

First world problem x 10. :D

stevesu

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why people like Pandora!
I've tried to use Pandora multiple times and the quality of music was poor and they don't let me skip songs (more than a few a day without paying). How is that ok with you people??? Why can't you stand up and just say no to them?
There are MANY other choices to stream music for free and you can skip to the next song all you want. And they aren't stuck up bastards like Pandora, who thinks they can play games with OS ecosystems and just choose to say no to them. Do you know how long it would take to create a Pandora app? Less than a week. How about software maintenance, just make some changes when you tweek the APIs, and then appease some customers with a few feature requests... This isn't difficult.
And worse case scenario, use the other apps that can stream Pandora music or perhaps you just stream over IE. (I'm not sure if this is possible, but I know you can with grooveshark...)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720