07-20-2012 05:55 AM
31 12
tools
    Hey, have you noticed that on facebook, when someone can be reachable on their mobile, a little "phone" icon appears next to the name (on the chat side bar, for example).

Is this possible, using a Windows Phone???
    [s]That might be that the person has their account activated for text messaging via Facebook settings[/s]. I'm fairly confident mine shows me perma available (green dot no phone) since I stay logged into chat through Live Messenger.

ETA: I changed my mind I have no idea how to get that set up, there is no way a few of my friends allowed Text messaging through FB on their mobile.
    Last edited by Dagolara; 05-25-2012 at 11:18 PM.
    05-25-2012 10:57 PM
    [s]That might be that the person has their account activated for text messaging via Facebook settings[/s]. I'm fairly confident mine shows me perma available (green dot no phone) since I stay logged into chat through Live Messenger.

ETA: I changed my mind I have no idea how to get that set up, there is no way a few of my friends allowed Text messaging through FB on their mobile.
    According to this:

https://www.facebook.com/help/chat/chat-sidebar

How can I tell if my friends are online to chat?
    Use the symbols next to your friends' names to figure out who's available to chat:
    Friends with a [green dot] next to their names are available to chat
    Friends with a [mobile icon] next to their name have downloaded one of the Facebook apps (ex: Messenger or Facebook for iPhone)
    Friends with no icon next to their names are unavailable
    They might be using the Facebook app or Facebook Messenger for iPhone or Android.
    05-26-2012 12:55 AM

They might be using the Facebook app or Facebook Messenger for iPhone or Android.
    This is far more likely, nice find.
    05-26-2012 02:33 AM
    I like WP Facebook, much easier to use than IOS or Android.
    05-26-2012 03:22 AM
    Has anyone else had a photo sent to them in a PM via facebook on the WP app, as I have and I cant view it on my phone, it just looks like a blank message, I had to view facebook through IE instead of the app to view the photo.
    05-28-2012 04:24 AM
    Am I the only one who is having a hard time with the notifications from facebook app?`
    The notifications are SO delayed, when I get notifications it is usually something I checked on the PC an hour ago or so, and one I go into the app checks all notifications and updates all, it still doesnt remove the red number on the livetile.
    This is absolutely the most frustrating about the app.
    I could ofc. just disable the function, but it's a function I really want :)
    07-20-2012 05:55 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD