Facebook App

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I still can't tag people in my comments am I missing something? I typed with the the persons name and it didn't work. Do u type @thenname like u do on the computer? How do u know you're tagging someone? Does the auto suggest for ur friends pop up like on the PC?

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I still can't tag people in my comments am I missing something? I typed with the the persons name and it didn't work. Do u type @thenname like u do on the computer? How do u know you're tagging someone? Does the auto suggest for ur friends pop up like on the PC?

You can only do it on a status message I have found, not on any comments below the status message.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I rarely use it (never the app), but I'm glad to see they updated the app.

I opened it up to comment on someone's wall post.

Lasciviouss

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey, have you noticed that on facebook, when someone can be reachable on their mobile, a little "phone" icon appears next to the name (on the chat side bar, for example).

Is this possible, using a Windows Phone???

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey, have you noticed that on facebook, when someone can be reachable on their mobile, a little "phone" icon appears next to the name (on the chat side bar, for example).

Is this possible, using a Windows Phone???

That might be that the person has their account activated for text messaging via Facebook settings. I'm fairly confident mine shows me perma available (green dot no phone) since I stay logged into chat through Live Messenger.

ETA: I changed my mind I have no idea how to get that set up, there is no way a few of my friends allowed Text messaging through FB on their mobile.

Last edited:

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
That might be that the person has their account activated for text messaging via Facebook settings. I'm fairly confident mine shows me perma available (green dot no phone) since I stay logged into chat through Live Messenger.

ETA: I changed my mind I have no idea how to get that set up, there is no way a few of my friends allowed Text messaging through FB on their mobile.

According to this:

https://www.facebook.com/help/chat/chat-sidebar

How can I tell if my friends are online to chat?
Use the symbols next to your friends' names to figure out who's available to chat:
Friends with a [green dot] next to their names are available to chat
Friends with a [mobile icon] next to their name have downloaded one of the Facebook apps (ex: Messenger or Facebook for iPhone)
Friends with no icon next to their names are unavailable

They might be using the Facebook app or Facebook Messenger for iPhone or Android.

tweedbean

May 24, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else had a photo sent to them in a PM via facebook on the WP app, as I have and I cant view it on my phone, it just looks like a blank message, I had to view facebook through IE instead of the app to view the photo.

matros

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one who is having a hard time with the notifications from facebook app?`
The notifications are SO delayed, when I get notifications it is usually something I checked on the PC an hour ago or so, and one I go into the app checks all notifications and updates all, it still doesnt remove the red number on the livetile.
This is absolutely the most frustrating about the app.
I could ofc. just disable the function, but it's a function I really want :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb