Board Express

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Ever since the last update, this app has been messed up for me
I cannot quote with it or download pictures from a post. I also cannot access their website, anyone know what is going on?

Thanks much. :)

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It's a bug in the update that the developer needs to fix.

I wish I hadn't updated. This app is such a buggy piece of junk.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait for one of these other tapatalk apps to come out! Board express is so buggy and not full featured.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Thank you both. I gave a 1 star as well. I will email the dev as well. I do hope something happens soon, I am so spoilt by Tapatalk from my android days.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I accidentally hit the "update all button" when my fingers was going across the screen to update two apps. I can't remember the last time I used the app any ways.

Every one who updated has this issue?

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Fastest reply I ever got from a dev :)

"Hi xxxxxxx

Indeed there went something wrong with the last update. Our system did mess the version up while submitting them to Microsoft. Unfortunately, Microsoft didnt notice this, even though its very obvious and we had to wait 6 days for the approval.
We did fix and resubmit an update within 1 hour after the last update was available in the marketplace. Unfortunately, we are now waiting since then (about a week) for Microsoft to approve this...

Sorry for that, unfortunately we cannot accelerate this very, very slow process over at Microsoft...

Kind Regards

Sven Rutten"

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Given the history of bugs in Board Express from a forum search I did, I will let other people do the updates the next time and wait until I see if there are bugs before I choose to update in the future.

Board Express seems to be one of those apps that has a long history of bugs.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I agree, I am not jumping into upgrades the next time.

I got another reply from a different person.

"Hi,

apologies for the inconvenience caused. Fix is already done and submitted to Microsoft. Now it's up to them to approve it to the marketplace. But we're positive to see it online within the next week.

Yves Jeanrenaud"

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
So glad I didn't update. MS needs to streamline the approval process, a week for a fix is not good for the dev or MS. :(

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
So glad I didn't update. MS needs to streamline the approval process, a week for a fix is not good for the dev or MS. :(

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express
I had a similar or worse experience with BlogPress on my iPad, the update broke it took 6 weeks to get the fix approved. I certainly hope MS doesn't take that route.
If no one jumps on the updates, we may never know if they're good! :D

Come on guys, be beta testers! :lol:
Go right ahead. Lol :p

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If no one jumps on the updates, we may never know if they're good! :D

Come on guys, be beta testers! :lol:

I wouldn't mind being a beta tester if there was something similar to BlackBerry beta zone. I tested lots of stuff there when I used a BlackBerry. If the beta apps didn't work, it was easy enough to downgrade to an older version that did work.

Microsoft needs to allow users to downgrade their apps to previous versions if updates break something.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't mind being a beta tester if there was something similar to BlackBerry beta zone. I tested lots of stuff there when I used a BlackBerry. If the beta apps didn't work, it was easy enough to downgrade to an older version that did work.

Microsoft needs to allow users to downgrade their apps to previous versions if updates break something.
That would be awesome if they did.

EveryApp Mobile

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Don't worry guys, I mentioned I am working on a tapatalk based client called "My Forums".

There will also probably be another application based on tapatalk that will appear on WP.

Also, let's just say I got a peek into how BoardExpress looks "inside" and I can see why there are sooo many bugs :lol:

However, what I can tell you is that the tapatalk based system I built is extremely stable and efficient ( I'm not just saying it for kicks either). Just keep a look out for "My Forums". It is unlikely that any other client will be as stable and efficient.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't see any bright future for Board Express, it's sucked from V1 and has never gotten to anywhere close to competent. I dearly hope Microsoft throws a few millions towards Tapatalk for a real client.

I fear it will never be anything other than a shoddy stopgap. Apologies to the developer, but it looks bad and works bad, and despite poor ratings / high popularity you have done nothing to remedy its weaknesses.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3