Board Express

sp8y

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
New update still hasn't fixed quotes. This app is utter garbage!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
I was a long time user of tapatalk on Android & the thing I noticed was that they weren't very good on updates - many times the update didn't work or broke something but they finally got it working pretty good with the last release.

Using Board Express it appears to be sub standard when compared to tapatalk.

Not sure if it's just me but:

When looking at my list of subscribed forums it doesn't show that there are any new posts until I open each separate forum - tapatalk used to show that there new posts before opening the forum.

Also I had my forums pinned to start screen but they wouldn't stay logged in & kept going missing - the only way I got it working was to open Board Experss & load my forums up that way - not a big issue though.

Also the support on the Board Express forum seems to have stopped last year.

I'm just using the free version so can't say if the paid one is any different - not going to buy it though.

Anyway I look forward to any new forum reading apps that may be released :)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
an update just came out yesterday, does it not fix the problems you all are complaining about?

No, it does not. If one attempts to quote a post, Board Express shows "incorrect parameter" and completely crashes.

I emailed the developer. Here is his response.

Dear Laura

Unfortunately our last App Update (2.14) got stuck for over 3 weeks on Microsoft Certification Process without any reason. Seems like Microsoft is way too busy at the moment.

We did submit the 2.14 Update 1 hour after the 2.13 (which had several issues) was published and at that moment, we did not have a bug Report concerning the Quote bug. We have then immediately fixed this bug, but could not submit the update as our Version 2.14 was still in the certification process over at Microsoft.

2.14 should have fixed most of the bugs related to 2.13, except for the Quote bug.

If you have any other bug reports, dont hesitate to write them, so we can fix tham asap.

Best regards

Sven Rutten

He admits the quote bug was not fixed. That was the only bug I experienced, starting with version 2.12.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
The Quote bug is the only one I am facing with the 2.14, glad to know he has a solution for it.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Didn't the previous update mess up the forums you were logged into, or something similar?
Yes it did, I believe it was 2.13. The 2.14 didn't do that but still can't quote.

It appears that a fix for that is coming per the post from lak6111

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3