Board Express

dirtbound

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I decided to give board express another go yesterday. Doesn't even work at all. The same "Connection error... temporary..." message. Oh man.

Same error here... was about to be a new customer of this app, but when my first experience is a server connection error and an effectively useless application it's a no go for me.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
if you click "ok" after that message isn't the app fine? that's the way mine is. The message is annoying but hardly an app killer

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
if you click "ok" after that message isn't the app fine? that's the way mine is. The message is annoying but hardly an app killer
People can't even search for forums. That means the app is completely useless unless you already had forums favorited before the server errors began.

Jabbitt

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Tried again tonight. Completely dead! Every single option that requires some form of internet connection gets me the error message. Even trying the support forum option on the app itself. DEAD DEAD DEAD!!

:mad:

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
That is how mine works but I can't add any be forums.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Silverdogz

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Only way is to backup favorites and delete and reinstall and load the backup. Best way for it working well.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Tried again tonight. Completely dead! Every single option that requires some form of internet connection gets me the error message. Even trying the support forum option on the app itself. DEAD DEAD DEAD!!

:mad:
After the last update, I always get the connection error when starting up, but my existing links work fine. And now I can quote a post. Very typical of this app though. Fix one thing, break two others.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
After the last update, I always get the connection error when starting up, but my existing links work fine. And now I can quote a post. Very typical of this app though. Fix one thing, break two others.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
New update, looks to have solved the search issue. And it didn't break quoting. Lol

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Can't see the update in my marketplace yet.

edit: ah only the free version has been updated so far...

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I just got a notification of an update. Has anyone else tried the update?

I'm reluctant to try it, since the last time I updated it broke quoting.

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I just got a notification of an update. Has anyone else tried the update?

I'm reluctant to try it, since the last time I updated it broke quoting.

It fixes the search for forums which doesn't work on older version. Nothing more else is broken exept the same old other bugs...

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Can you confirm if quoting works on the update?

The version I'm using does not allow searching for new forums, but quoting posts on existing favorite forums works.

I do not want to experience the quote bug again, so I'm holding off on the update until someone can verify that the quote bug has not returned.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb