What is the best timer/stopwatch app

twinbubba

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I am and old fart and new to all this smart phone stuff. I view a cell phone more as a tool than a social media hub. That being said I am looking for a simple timer/stopwatch ap. Being on a limited data plan I would rather pay a buck or two for an ap than have a () free ap my data monthly alotment.
What is a good simple to use timer/stopwatch ap?

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Supertimer is the best.

BUT... the developer is a complete douchbag. He's doing the bait and switch thing.

Supertimer has been free for the longest of time. When I was gonna use it the other day again I saw the title was "supertimer free".

So. An update (after several other updates) made the app a trial and took away a lot of the features we had.

There was no mention of the change from free to trial at all. So you could figure I was pissed.

I am a man with priciples and that is not the way of running a business. So I will never ever pay for that app even if it's good.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/d54df30e-f4b7-4450-b73c-37386b469195

twinbubba

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I am with you btbam91. Nothing is FREE. I am a novice at the smart phone stuff (old man) but in the two weeks I have had one and tried several supposedly FREE apps I found out quickley that the adds the FREE apps are streaming were eating up my 300MB data plan. So the FREE ones really were not FREE.

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
The app was completely free before. No ads or anything. Then he decided to cripple it and add ads all of a sudden without any mention about it at all in an update.

Even if it was free that is not the way to treat your users. How about letting NEW customers pay instead.

But go ahead and support shoddy developers I don't care. Just don't defend the guy.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
The app was completely free before. No ads or anything. Then he decided to cripple it and add ads all of a sudden without any mention about it at all in an update.

Even if it was free that is not the way to treat your users. How about letting NEW customers pay instead.

But go ahead and support shoddy developers I don't care. Just don't defend the guy.

Have you contacted the dev about it?

oldgaius

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site

Yes. Even if the old version was left on for a transition period (without any updates), and new users were encouraged to move to the new free/paid model, I'd consider it acceptable. Bait & switch is not the way to go. Users do not expect an app update to cripple their app.

I'm using Timer. I prefer buying quality apps over ad-ridden alternatives, so I'm not averse to paying. But for my purposes, Timer is sufficient (and doesn't have any ads).

twinbubba

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
What a bunch of whiners. I got a free food sample at the grocery store the other day. Do I expect the company to give me free food for the rest of my life. Get real.

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe I'm having this argument. I'm not whining I just don't support sketchy developers. Geez...

I'm usually the one whining on people being cheap for thinking apps are expensive and want everything free. I happily pay for apps and support developers. Just not bad ones. Got it?

If you think the bait and switch thing is a nice business strategy then good for you. Just don't assume everybody accepts it and think we whine about it.

If you don't think it's a good business strategy... well, then I simply have no idea what the heck you are arguing about here.

Get real.

Last edited:

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Get real.
The reality is that Timer measures up to SuperTimer and is free. You need a value proposition when competing in these super-basic app categories. If SuperTimer launched as a paid app, I bet next to no one would be using it comparatively.

Nothing against the developer, I'm sure he's put a load of effort into making the experience the best it can be. I've bought many apps that I knew I would likely never use simply because I respect interface choices or sheer effort. He gets my buck if I can set custom timer ringing sounds.

Hongtao Bai

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Recommend you with a very simple timer, called Timer's, which offers these features:
  • Full screen big timer
  • Always reliable works in background

Here is what it looks like:
56628d1392002804-snapshot-2.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon