Weather Live Problems

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I have been very happy with this app, but it didn't update update since this morning so I installed and re installed it.

Now it is not pinning the Live Tile or recognizing my location. Anyone else having these problems?

I did email the dev.

Thanks much :)

zeke009

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
I have had the same problem and some how resolved it this evening. 2 reinstalls, unpin/repin and location resets did nothing for me. But I did remove the last app I had installed, CNN (official app). Once removed I started getting toast alerts from WeatherLive again and the Live Tile is working properly.

Do you have CNN installed by chance?

I also removed USA Today and WP7 App List (rarely used). I doubt those 2 had any impact here as I have had them for some time.

This could also be perfect timing as I was getting an error stating "serverside error: Unable to save locations". Was that caused by something local (app conflict) or was something with the provider resolved around the time I dumped those apps?

I suspect something local because the MSN Stocks app didn't update the tile until I opened the app, WP Central seemed to be unaffected by this little hiccup as well.

Last edited:

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Lol zeke009, thanks very much for liking my signature. Of course Wisconsonites and Minnesotans get along as long as we don't discuss football. :D

Going back to Weather Live, I didn't have the CNN app but uninstalled other such apps and there was not any change, I am still getting 'server side error......'.

So, I decided to try Amazing Weather and see if that works out better.

Thanks for the suggestions. :)

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I wrote the devs two emails, but didn't get a reply yet, hope you have better luck zeke009.

MajorLonghorn, I am using the trial version and really liking it. What is your experience?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I wrote the devs two emails, but didn't get a reply yet, hope you have better luck zeke009.

MajorLonghorn, I am using the trial version and really liking it. What is your experience?

I've had Amazing Weather installed for some time, but since I really like WeatherLive, I hadn't really used it much. Now that WeatherLive isn't updating the live tile, I'm giving Amazing Weather a more thorough look. I'll report back after I spend more time with it.

zeke009

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
I got a reply from the developer today:
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 7:28 PM
To:
Subject: Re: Regarding Weather Live Windows Phone application

Sorry for the trouble. There have been slowness in the cloud service we use these days and causes delays and time outs in most of the functions. We are working hard on it. Stay tuned.
That would explain the random occasions when I had it working.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Thanks, I got a reply as well. I purchase Amazing Weather and quite liking it. I liked WL better though so will switch between the two.

zeke009

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
Thanks, I got a reply as well. I purchase Amazing Weather and quite liking it. I liked WL better though so will switch between the two.

I've been using the trial for Amazing Weather and I like it as well. Aside from the warm fuzzies for supporting the author, what features are limited in the trial?

I'll pay, that isn't an issue if WL continues to act up. Just wondering what I'm missing. Maybe I'm missing the obvious in the description.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I think it is a full featured trial for 48 hours after which the Live Tile does not upgrade.

Also you can only add one city instead of 5 in the paid version.

Btw, Weather Live is working for me this morning, so I switched to WL and will keep Amazing Weather as backup. :)

Last edited:

zeke009

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
I think I like the apperance and tile of AmazingWeather better than WL. WL has easier to access information once in the app though.

CDG

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I think I like the apperance and tile of AmazingWeather better than WL. WL has easier to access information once in the app though.
Agreed!

WL missed the last update and I opened to app to update it. If it misses a couple more I will make Amazing Weather my primary and WL as backup.

Major

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Well I gave Amazing Weather a couple of days, but the live tile never updated. I really like the look of the tile, and the app itself, but I a working live tile is practically a must for a weather app. I just switched back to WeatherLive to see if the tile is working now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea