Now that the Audible app has been realeased (yeah!) the only app that I consider essential that Windows Phone7 does not have is the Barnes and Noble Nook app. Microsoft and B&N have formed a partnership so I would assume an app would be in the works but I have heard nothing. Anyone know if this app is being developed for WP7 or are they just planning on WP8?
    06-21-2012 08:55 AM
    I emailed Barnes and Noble asking whether they had plans to release a Nook app for Windows Phone. This was the response:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for writing to us.

We understand that your inquiry regarding app for windows.

We would like to inform that we have reached the appropriate people, our
    design team has taken this under consideration for implementation. As of
    now we may not assure you of any particular time frame within which this
    will be implemented. *We strive to maintain a high standard of
    excellence in everything we do, and your feedback will certainly enable
    us to review our service commitment at our B&N customer service.

We hope you find this information helpful.

Kindly get back to us if you have further concerns.

If you prefer to chat with one of our Digital representatives, please
    click on this link:

NOOK & NOOK Color Support

We look forward to your next visit.

Sincerely,

Vicky
    Customer Service Representative - Digital Support
    Barnes & Noble
    Barnes & Noble - Books, Textbooks, eBooks, Toys, Games, DVDs and More
    snowmutt likes this.
    06-22-2012 08:36 PM
    Will this be part of 7.8 as a hub? Installable as an app? What Windows 8 integration? What about the software out now (that sucks)? How will I hook up my Nook to my Surface?

So many questions!
    06-26-2012 01:16 AM
    Will this be part of 7.8 as a hub? Installable as an app? What Windows 8 integration? What about the software out now (that sucks)? How will I hook up my Nook to my Surface?

So many questions!
    I doubt it will be a hub. At least not labeled as Nook. It is possible MS introduces a Books up that is powered by Nook, but I doubt we see Nook branding. However, I think an app is highly likely. That is what the response in the email above sounded like to me. Seeing as there is already a Windows desktop Nook app, any x86 Windows 8 machine already has access to Nook books and magazines. The real question is if they will release a Windows RT app.
    06-26-2012 01:44 AM
    I would like a hub, all the books I have whether I get them through B&N or just off the Marketplace should end up in one spot, like the Games Hub. Also I wonder if we will see a Skydrive App for the nook.
    snowmutt likes this.
    06-27-2012 10:32 AM
    Solid suggestions. Amazon already has it's App, and my Wife likes it. But I do like Barnes and Noble, and also like to support competition where I can. I would take advantage of the app.

I do like the idea of a "books hub". That would be great.
    06-27-2012 11:29 AM
    I also like the idea of a "Books Hub". The hub could have purchased books, library books, audiobooks and magazine subscriptions all in one area. There could be a list feature where you could enter book titles you want to consider reading. It could also be integrated with social media with "now reading..." updates, since social media is all the rage.

As you see I like to read...
    06-27-2012 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD