NOW June 2012, what apps are you STILL wishing for on WP?

Wobjoi

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
A good football (soccer) app.
Woolworths (AU supermarket) app.
ANZ (AU bank) app.

The first is the most likely to happen, the other two I'll be waiting a long time I reckon.

+1 the Woolworths and also the Coles app. Both are great apps on Android. All the major Aussie banks should have an app as well, and maybe a decent Aus TV guide app for local content.

Globally, things like the NASA app from Android would make for a good port over to WP, and a detailed and well designed first aid app would be pretty good to have too.

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Paypal
Subcard (Subway loyalty card in the UK)
Instagram
Getglue
A proper MyO2 app (not the half-baked app they?ve got now, which is really just a link to their website)
O2 Wallet or Pingit (whichever gets a good app out first, gets my service)
Torchbear on iOS (yes, I want this on the another platform but for the benefit of the users so that more people can join up).

Mr_pither

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Photosynth finally here but why does it work better on my iPhonePod 3GS? On a 4S it must destroy my Focus S.

See sig for still missing apps.....

Lulu1958

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I would lIke an app like "No Led" on Android that shows different colored icons on your screen for SMS, Missed Call, Email etc. I miss that so much on my Radar.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
i get a flashing LED on my phone for missed call I believe...or maybe its voicemail I dunno. HTC could easily do this just like they do for their camera and sound enhancements.

george.matar

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I would really like to have the following essential things:

message hub to work with facebook even when offline!

Skype to keep running in the background!

Facebook which has fast notifications not half an hour after anything happens

paypal

Instagram

Viber with voice capability

eshy

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Just thought I'd start this thread and see if it catches fire...

My topic is, now that we have seen a glimpse of Windows Phone 8, Audible has come out, Words with Friends is around a corner or two, and Chase banking app will also make a landing...... well, what else is still out there that is missing and you'd be dying for? What top apps on iOS or Droid you know of that isn't with us on WP?
The Chase app is showing up now because I closed my account there :)

eshy

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Here are the apps I'm still wishing for on WP
  • Pair
  • Instagram
  • Google+
Why is everyone so gung ho over instagram? you can get the same picture effects with picture labs and share using the built in sharing feature in WP to facebook/twitter.
The instagram social network will be absorbed by facebook anyway.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Waiting for....The Tango update for my phone, lol.

Why is everyone so gung ho over instagram? you can get the same picture effects with picture labs and share using the built in sharing feature in WP to facebook/twitter.

The instagram social network will be absorbed by facebook anyway.
that certainly works, but it's an extra step to sharing and not all one process. Sophie Cam is the only app that seems to come close, but it is supposedly only free for a limited time. The next closest is what you mentioned and Fhotoroom, but again require extra steps out of the program itself.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
nike+
google+
BBVA compass banking
firefox
port of xbox 360 youtube app
ikea
flipboard

I have had google+ for over a month now on my WP.

Only others I can live with :
-Firefox
-Camera extra's (this will come though for netherlands sometime this month)

What I'm still missing most of all is a simple EQ for music. I know it's a feature, not an app, but afaic this is more important then any app. MS, or more likely DEV's need to tackle this now. There are tons of apps, no shortage there! But what about the features we are still missing? I'd trade any app for it.
EDIT:and as wp8 won't come at all for a lot of us, we needn't expect this from MS at all.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
um, I get an EQ when I plug in headphones to my HTC...it is definitely something that the ODM can implement. I also have camera extras.

you'll never see Firefox on WP, so you can give that one up....but IE10 will blow FF away anyways and IE9 isn't shabby now as it is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro