Any credit card readers available for WP7 or in the works for WP 8?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Does our beloved OS have any plans for a credit card reader system? Something like intuit, which seems to have an app but not a card reader, or like Square? I even heard rumblings of a Pay Pal system coming to mobile. My Wife is slowly gearing up a small business, and needs the option, most likely by early next year. It may come down to her leaving WP if the systems are not here but are on Android.

Any good gossip? Be nice if I could keep her on WP. She loves it. But the need of a payment system will outweigh the fandom for Metro (yes, I still say Metro).

anodynamic

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Both NFC and better access to the phone's Bluetooth stack should both make it easier to link external devices to WP8. Not sure if I've heard anything about being able to use the USB port, though.

How about a Windows 8 tablet, if the developers still take their time supporting the phone? I'm pretty sure card readers and other business gadgets already are available for laptops and tablets running earlier Windows versions.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Microsoft has stated that there will be a financial hub added to WP8 they will include all of this and give us a central hub/location for all this that you mentioned including PayPal. Daniel wrote an article about it all on the main blog but I cant remember what article it was in. Maybe someone else can remember and link us to it.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft has stated that there will be a financial hub added to WP8 they will include all of this and give us a central hub/location for all this that you mentioned including PayPal. Daniel wrote an article about it all on the main blog but I cant remember what article it was in. Maybe someone else can remember and link us to it.
Crap, I forgot all about the Wallet Hub. THAT has true potential to solve the problem. Need to see if I can find those features.

And yes, anodynamic, the idea of a Tablet has come up. But it just may be more income than we have disposable for the first year. Having that ability on a smartphone would be way more cost effective to start with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OFFSET