Windows app vs Nokia app of the same nature

simoksays

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I have acquired a Windows phone (Nokia Lumia 710) yesterday despite strong opposition from my peers.
And what can I say, it is exactly what and how I need a phone to be.
Now that being said, I am more than a little confused as to why there are multiple apps for the same app.

Ex.
Maps, Nokia Maps, and google maps programs

As for apps such as TuneIn radio, there is one made my TuneIn radio as well as one made/published by Nokia

I would appreciate your input as to which app is the best of its kind.

Edit/P.S.
This goes for the apple marketplace as well but which QR code scanner is the best would you say?
I would love it if you could mention any other conflicting apps that you prefer one over the other

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I have acquired a Windows phone (Nokia Lumia 710) yesterday despite strong opposition from my peers.
And what can I say, it is exactly what and how I need a phone to be.
Now that being said, I am more than a little confused as to why there are multiple apps for the same app.

Ex.
Maps, Nokia Maps, and google maps programs

As for apps such as TuneIn radio, there is one made my TuneIn radio as well as one made/published by Nokia

I would appreciate your input as to which app is the best of its kind.

Edit/P.S.
This goes for the apple marketplace as well but which QR code scanner is the best would you say?
I would love it if you could mention any other conflicting apps that you prefer one over the other

QR code scanner is baked into Windows Phone. Push the search button on your Lumia 710 and from the Bing screen push the eye button on the bottom.

Nokia Maps and Drive are especially good over Bing here in Europe.
Don't know what's the difference with Nokia's TuneIn radio and the one in marketplace. Always just had the Nokia one as i figured it wont at least have any less features, but could have some Nokia exclusive stuff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb