Problems with WhatsApp???

Status
Not open for further replies.

LazySunday

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
yeah about that, i wanted to know when whatsapp starts showing up in the volume bar, is playing a song for a second enough to remove it or do I have to use something like Stop the Music? Because when I play a song for a second after whatsapp it does remove it from the volume bar, I just don't know if it REALLY does remove it or not.

I've read somewhere in this forum that only way to stop streaming continuously is to use "stop the music" app. I haven't tested it myself... But as you said, if a song is played the streaming icon disappears from volume bar... I need to see if I can get messages without actually restarting whatsapp. Or may be streaming is hidden but is running in background... Either way it is a weird way to keep app running in the background.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I've read somewhere in this forum that only way to stop streaming continuously is to use "stop the music" app. I haven't tested it myself... But as you said, if a song is played the streaming icon disappears from volume bar... I need to see if I can get messages without actually restarting whatsapp. Or may be streaming is hidden but is running in background... Either way it is a weird way to keep app running in the background.
they use the streaming API only to keep WiFi running in the background when the screen times out. Obviously no body told them the Portico update solved that problem.

ChazTyldsley

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I uninstalled whatsapp like month ago .. So happy with kik so far, only if its update to wp8

Kik is absolutely useless. The live tile is broken and works 1% of the time. Meaning if you walk out the room when you receive a notification you'd never even know anyone has messaged you.

Hoping this updated much improved Whatsapp version is coming soon. The app and notifications work great, but the battery drain and heat generated from it are worrying.

vinamra gehlot

May 10, 2013
Visit site
i'm having the same problem, it says that ur' not connected,..
but when i use wifi signal,it shows "connected",
now there can't be any problem with the sim card m using i guess

Zakariah

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Yup,....having the same problem....connection status shows "not connected".......mailed the WhatsApp people regarding this but only get computer generated mails back from them which gives links to their useless FAQs.........then I went to settings > acess point ......and deactivate the connection and then again activate it........And whatsapp started working again.....but the problem again occurs after you keep your phone idle for few hours........So, this isn't a permanent solution to the problem....Does anybody have any better solution....?????
Can't expect a solution from the whatsapp team ......????
P.S.- I am using Lumia 820 and have vodafone 2G connection

SBaljeet

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
just change ur internet apn settings.make a new one in acces point of your phone. i did for myself and got my whatsapp service uninterrupted. mine is:
APN - www
proxy address - 10.10.1.100
proxy port - 9401
network type - IPv4
and i got my whatsapp service online always..

hmbarbosa

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Some have proble to forward video to a group? Like I received a video from a friend and i'm not able to forward to a group... The group name not show in my contacts... Thanks

joeltanthuanewe

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
hello, im using lumia 920 here in australia. the amber update came to me last night.. i realised after updating my phone the whatsapp ui is a little laggy and slow.. is this normal or isit just me?? am i supposed to expect an update or something??? help please thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99